What's For Dinner Tonight: Episode 2021 – A New Hope

Sauteed scallops dressed with a butter, sherry and creme fraiche sauce and dusted with mixed cracked peppercorns and lemon zest. Sides were couscous and some fresh watermelon. Cheesecake flavored Dream Pie for dessert.

Cold salmon salad, garlic pita chips and a glass of ice water. Later, lemon cookies and a glass of cold milk.

Going to make a paella tonight, mussels, shrimp calamari clams and cod, beer when cooking will see what happens when eating.

Ribs & fried onions, from the BBQ joint I work at. Also a tube of croissants, just because.

Grape popsicle for dessert.

Racetrack casserole and fresh fruit - peaches and apples tonight. More Dream Pie for dessert.

Salmon and Japanese eggplant on the grill with a spicy coleslaw. Rum blender drinks.

Nachos with ground beef, tomato salsa, shredded cheddar and diced red pepper, and a glass of ice water. Later, some Girl Scout lemon cookies with a dab of lemon curd on each, and a glass of cold milk.

Chicken nuggets from Wendy’s, accompanied by a pair of soft-boiled eggs. Now I’m snacking on cheese.

Apparently, I wanted protein with my protein, to go with my protein, tonight. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks to living near a turkey farm, we had Thanksgiving in September last night. Roast turkey, stuffing, parsley potatoes, broccoli in cheese sauce, and cranberry sauce. My gf’s idea.

Notice the absence of pumpkin pie? I sure did. :cry:

@kayaker Cheer up, Canadian Thanksgiving is just around the corner and what better way to appreciate your Northern nieghbours than a big chunk of pumpkin pie, whipped cream and a generous splash of Sortilege in your coffee.

Tonight is gnocchi in sundried tomato pesto cream sauce, and Raspberry Italian sodas. Dessert will likely be a fruit and cheese plate.

I used up the very last of my garden tomatoes and some corn from the local farm stand to make a salad, gonna air fry up a bit of chicken to go with.

Had some mini potatoes that were aaaaaaabout to go bad, so dinner is butter-roasted 'taters, with some sliced onions, and toasted corn flakes.

Cauliflower and potato soup, topped with roast corn and bacon. Tomorrow is jambalaya.

A left overs chicken donner kebab.
Sliced up and heated some previously grilled chicken breast on the griddle along with a few Naan breads ( no pitas breads), then made a salad topping of some red cabbage left over from fish tacos, added cucumber and tomato and drizzled in some lemon juice from left over lemon wedges from the pealla.
Shoved it all inside the naan breads and topped with my baby poop mango habernero sauce. Not exactly a traditional donner kebab but best I could do.
Washed down with St Arnolds Art Car IPA.

Got a raise today, so I celebrated with street tacos from a joint around the corner. Puerco en adobo with onions, cilantro and both their red and green sauces, with rice+beans on the side. Gonna have to try to figure out how to justify another trip there soon.

Congratulations! :partying_face:

I let Subway make my dinner tonight. I have a weird-ish sandwich I always order: turkey, spinach, and onions. Sometimes cheese, maybe a bit of mayo. That’s it.

Tonight was payday so I got decadent & added avocado.

Dessert is a pink popsicle. Also a multivitamin plus some other supplement pills. Possibly a second popsicle if I really get to partying.

Hehehe, thank you. Through a fluke of corporate structure and timing, I have three managers. Each of them called me separately and said “You really deserve this, and I am proud of you for earning it. We worked together to make it happen.” My response each time was pretty much “I thought I was overpaid before, and now I feel a little guilty. I need to work harder now.” I have no idea who has the correct perspective.

Last night was beef and noodles (I’m pretty sure this delicious simple recipe is upthread). Tonight was beef + broccoli from Trader Joe’s. We’re probably going to splurge and order out tomorrow night. Sunday will be lasagna. A specific recipe seems to be locked in for that one, but my sweetie is likely to update that kind of thing as she shops on the weekend, so we’ll see.

Like a hunter returned from the hills, yesterday I returned from foraging in my favourite Italian gourmet food store, which is some distance from me and I don’t visit often. Got back with many treasures, including a big supply of their inimitable semplice pasta sauce. Yesterday was Spaghetti Carbonara, basically a tarted-up version of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, with loads of garlic and the addition of smoky Canadian bacon, cream, and green onions, topped with freshly grated parmesan. Wonderful stuff, and one tray of it went straight to the freezer for a future treat. Today was peri-peri chicken kabobs and sandwiches from my haul of kielbassa and roast turkey. A bit of peri-peri chicken and grilled peppers and onions left over, just enough to throw into ramen noodles for lunch tomorrow, along with a couple of sliced mushrooms.

Monkfish tacos!

A few months ago, a restauranteur friend of mine had monkfish tacos as his special. I admitted to him that I’d never eaten monkfish, and he told me all about the animal. I loved it. He ended up selling me some of his, so I’ve been making it occasionally.

Fried calamari with a very tasty molasses-based dipping sauce, then a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and onion straws, with french fries with ketchup on the side, and a glass of ice water.