What's For Dinner Tonight: Episode 2021 – A New Hope

Teriyaki Chicken with Sesame Noodles

Fajitas last night, made too much so fajitas tonight as well.

Middle Eastern style meatballs with 2 varieties of beans - pink and green. Tangerines and a thick slice of rustic German bread.

Meatballs over here, too! I don’t know what my daughter put in them exactly, but they taste like gyro meat. So tzadziki sauce to go with them. And leftover garlicky roasted green beans.

A friend mentioned seeing a recipe for “Mexican Lasagna” that used enchilada sauce in place of tomato sauce, and tortillas in place of noodles. So, cultural appropriation be damned, I made up my own “Mexican Lasagna” with some nice ground meat/cumin/etc, alternating layers of tortillas, cheese, pickled jalapenos, black olives, etc. Will make again.

Tonight I’m making stuffed jalapenos and pulled pork wraps.

Easy night tonight. Baked brie with roasted garlic and red pepper jelly atop. Crustinis or crackers for scooping. Maybe a simple salad and speck with a baco noir. Pain au chocolat for dessert.

First time I’ve heard of speck. My daughter’s been a prosciutto kick lately. We’ll have to look for it.

Just having salad and leftovers tonight. Lots and lots of leftovers. And prosecco.

It’s very similar, but more smoke and cut like bacon vice the broad pieces proscuitto comes in. Check out coppa de Parma as well. When it’s at room temp it melts in your mouth! Yum!

I will, thanks!

Nothing interesting for dinner tonight, but I do want to report that I have FINALLY found Desert Pepper salsa, at my favourite little upscale boutique grocery. They even had my favourite kind – corn, black bean, and red pepper. But only two jars. If that runs out before I can get more, I at least have their tequila salsa – not quite as magnificent, tending more towards “ordinary”, but still … Both are rated as “medium” in hotness, but the former really has a kick like a Mexican mule, and a really rich flavour.

Friend’s birthday so raclette and fancy cupcakes tonight!

Teriyaki chicken skewers and some sort of veg. I dunno salad, maybe? Skewers are soaking, chicken is marinating.

Sounds good. How are you cooking them? My preference is always an outdoor grill.

Upstate ny is still not outdoor grilling weather. Baking in the oven.

Steak, salad and roasted veg tonight, with some rustic German bread. I bought a parsnip and put half of that in the veg mix. I’d never made one before - I’d heard they were sweet, but damn, it sure was. My husband said it was like a carrot and a pear had a baby.

Tomorrow will be takeout from my husband’s favorite restaurant - rabbit pot pie for me, schnitzel for him. Braised red cabbage from the restaurant, and I will make spaetzle. Gewürztraminer to accompany, and apple tart for dessert.

Still moving and renovating the old house for sale. Lunch was Whataburger (delicious as always, made more so by an active morning). Dinner was a Tony’s frozen pizza (ehh, calories and flavor).

I so miss Whataburger, and their competition in New Mexico, Blake’s Lottaburger.

SWMBO is doing parent teacher interviews tonight so it’s a gourmet feast for me! Weenies and Heinz beanies with fried baby potato hash browns and steamed spinach! Or maybe creamed corn. dessert will be a delicious “8 months of Winter” Brown Ale from the local brewery.

Oh my, I was unaware of Lottaburger. They look delicious, and they batter their onion rings the way they should be. I’ll have to find one next time I get out westward.

Doing a baked ziti tonight, but I had to make a run for a missing ingredient. But it was actually two missing ingredients because I absolutely had to stop for a quality bit of crusty bread (usually a standard baguette, but this time a batard) to go with my pasta.

Which got me thinking yet again about why I almost require that double carb load. I mean it isn’t quite required, but I always crave bread with a red sauce. Always. Unhealthy without a doubt. But kinda necessary. I’ve found this bemusing ever since I had a friend that pointed out that in his opinion it was weird - you already had a carb in the meal, why add another?

But I had to make that extra stop to get it :smiley:.