What's For Dinner Tonight: Episode 2021 – A New Hope

I reheated some chicken enchiladas I made a couple weeks ago and froze. Served that with some watermelon. Later on I ate two pumpkin spice cookies I made this morning (the grocery store had some of those Pillsbury insta-cookies you just put on a pan and bake and I couldn’t resist). They are surprisingly good - not too sweet.

Pizza with eggplant, roasted red peppers, basil, garlic, and goat cheese. Crust was charred just right. Cannoli for dessert.

I got outta work early! So I went to the local fried chicken shack, got me a thigh and one of their fabulous rolls.
Plus some random local gossip, and the opportunity to overhear two employees just dragging some bitch (their words, not mine!) through the mud for quitting without notice.

I heavily envy your fried chicken, but am comforted by having one of my favorite gas station taquerias for lunch. Maybe I’ll get chicken tomorrow.

Hijack: Quitting without notice? I just consider that firing the place you work for. They normally wouldn’t give me notice if they fired me, and I give them the same consideration if I’m sick of their shit. Heck, ages ago I had a state car inspection place call me three weeks later to ask if I was coming back. They basically wanted me to pass cars that would fail, which exposed me to criminal charges. So I conspicuously complained and stopped showing up. Some folks can’t take a hint.

But dinner was a HEB frozen pizza. That’s much, much better than it sounds. I look forward to them.

I also had pizza from our local Mom & Pop pizza place, on paper plates. Yay for no dishes!

Tonight we’ll have filet steaks and baked potatoes, with grilled asparagus.

Dinner out tonight in Old Virginny: tossed salad with honey mustard dressing, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, mac and cheese, and an IPA and a glass of ice water. For afters, homemade apple pie and two cups of decaf.

I called them burritos, my gf called them roll ups.

In a flour tortilla I placed shredded turkey in bbq sauce, leftover rice, minced jalapeños, leftover coleslaw.

I folded them like burritos, but my gf argued that the non Mexican ingredients means they were roll ups.

Served with potato salad made using little redskins.

Tonight, serrano chicken enchiladas! No sides - well maybe some beans, but I plan to fill up on enchiladas! La Chingonas and some Hoppenheimers to cool the heat. :slight_smile:

Last night was veggie pizza and stout. Hit the spot.

Funny I should see this thread pop up just after I get back from the local Chinese takeout, with a batch of lovely Singapore noodles and Pork Lo Mein. This is kind of an odd place in that many of their dishes, like those two, any of their Lo Mein, and a few others I’ve tried, are fantastic – including possibly the best Singalpore noodle I’ve ever had – yet they have a few things that I consider positively horrible. I guess I’ll be charitable and attribute it to authenticity – sort of like being in China: be careful what you order!

They also serve gigantic helpings, so what actually seems expensive is really a pretty good value. The entirety of the Lo Mein is in the fridge for tomorrow and thereafter, and probably so will some of the Singapore noodle. I’ll be having the Singapore noodle tonight with garlic chili sauce, both for extra flavour and for the endorphin buzz! :yum:

Chicken noodle soup. Mmmmmm

Tomato, garbanzo, cheese salad with french dressing. Dessert-tapioca.

We did stuffed peppers with the last 6 peppers from the garden :worried: along with baked potatoes

French dip (with gorgonzola and sauteed onion), and chocolate lava cake for dessert.

Leftover Chicken Noodle Soup. Vodka (chilled) to drink. For dessert, fresh figs with goat cheese band local honey.

Roasted a turkey breast. Shredded the meat and mixed it into turkey gravy. Served over mashed potatoes, with stuffing, steamed broccoli, and cranberry relish.

With beer.

So, tonight I will make my super duper red sauce and have Linguini and hot Italian links, sauteed asparagus, and home made garlic bread. A good Pinot Noir will accompany it! :slight_smile:

That sounds somewhat vaguely similar to what one of the stores around here serves as “festive turkey pie”, mostly for Thanksgiving and Christmas. But with the early Canadian Thanksgiving coming up shortly, I expect to see it soon.

It’s basically a pie made of turkey, stuffing, and a dash of cranberries on top. The same place also makes jars of the most wonderfully addictive turkey gravy. Needless to say, I’m pigging out this weekend which is Canadian Thanksgiving.

As always, I wish we would standardize our Thanksgiving with the US one. The original reason was the earlier harvest in Canada, but with climate change, our Thanksgiving tends to happen during a ridiculously warm part of the season. Looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving dinner and then sitting in front of a warm fire? Not here, you don’t. On October 10th this year, you’re more likely to have the air conditioning on.

Sauteed chicken livers, with mixed veggies, spinach, and mac-n-cheese.

Last night I had a bowl combining rice noodles, potstickers, marinated tofu, kimchee, and teriyaki sauce. Simple and good.