What's For Dinner Tonight: Episode 2021 – A New Hope

BLT on pita, french fries with ketchup, a kosher dill pickle and a glass of ice water. Later, a chocolate mint milkshake.

Ground lamb with grated onion and garlic, wrapped around a skewer and grilled with a lot of tzatziki sauce and good naan.

Butter chicken made with chicken meatballs, with roasted potatoes, carrots, and broccoli, and roasted curry cauliflower. And an IPA.

Since I’ve discovered spicy chili crisp I find myself putting it on everything, even chocolate covered pretzels. I’m about to buy my third jar in as many weeks. Cant stop won’t stop! My gut says to stop!

Spicy cheddar cheese spread, Triscuits, a coupla pepperoni and some Conn’s sea salt potato chips with a glass of ice water. Later, some candy corn.

I made pizza bowls. My god, that was rich, half of each ramekin in the freezer, I’m saving them!

Ground steak burgers, sous vide rare then seared by torch, served with air fryer fries and a salad. Beer to drink.

Roasted black cod (aka sablefish) with a little sweet soy sauce drizzled on top, roasted mixed vegetables, blueberries for dessert.

Air fryer chicken drumsticks and broccoli.

Fajitas and poblano rice.

I’m having dessert first (a cup of tapioca pudding) while dinner heats up.
Later, chicken cordon bleu - the frozen kind. And not even the super-nice kind, this brand is kinda cheapo but it’s all they had left, but at least there won’t be any dishes to wash!

Any chicken cordon bleu is good chicken cordon bleu, in my book!

My gf saw a recipe in Cook’s Illustrated for Spaghetti alla Nerano. OMG was it good!! Basically involved cutting six small zucchini into thin slices, then sautéing them a long time, until they broke up and their flavor concentrated.

The spaghetti was actually bucatini (purchased accidentally) which made it even more exotic. Shredded Parmesan, Asiago, and another cheese were incorporated into the bucatini, creating a creamy texture.

Served with Italian marinated turkey breast cutlets cooked on the grill and a Waldorf salad, because we never have Waldorf salad, per my gf.

Sauvignon Blanc to drink.

I made a pot roast in the Instant Pot. So good! Seared in bacon fat, I cooked it with red wine, a can of French Onion soup, a packet of Onion Soup Mix, along with onions and carrots and potatoes - Oh My!

I haven’t treated myself to a nice homemade dinner in a while (hey, cooking for one, with a small appetite and little interest in leftovers, is a bitch) but I got the munchies and went balls to the wall tonight: lamb chops (the t-bone kind, not the lollipop ribs) with baby Yukon gold potatoes and an entire onion carmelized down in butter.

For dessert, some fancy comb honey and slices of rock-hard, delicious aged Gouda.

Now kicking back with a cuppa hot tea, kissed with just a bit more honey.

Oh, yeah, and a slice of cheesecake, because really, what’s a night of decadence without cheesecake for Second Dessert?

An appetizer of Camembert cheese and honey crisp apples, then Tuna Ceviche.

Sauvignon Blanc.

There’s actually considerable skill required to scale down recipes to make just a single serving.

I find it hard to cook for two as well. But we will eat “fresh” leftovers occasionally. I freeze a lot of stuff to serve weeks later.

I made chicken tortilla soup last night, with shredded chicken from the freezer. I will freeze the leftovers.

We had fried chicken and macaroni and cheese last night at my parents. Delicious as always!

Tonight im whipping up breakfast. Sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs.

Hamburger chili with sour cream and cheddar cheese sprinkles over Fritos (don’t you judge me!), then two slices of pepperoni pizza and one of potato pizza. The last was bleh.