What's going on with the Sherlock people?

Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat are pushing out some mysterious stuff through twitter, and look like they’re going to do something interesting as regards the Sherlock series. I’ve only just come across it. Looks like they’re making a mystery for their fans to decode to find out what it’s all about.

Here’s the twitter stuff.

I’ll work on it. Can anyone else tell me what’s up?

“Coming to London 2020”? Does that mean no new episodes for more than eighteen months?

They’re not talking about new episodes (I don’t think there ever will be any), or a new film.

Here are the writers discussing it.

But I can’t make out just what they are talking about. Which is their goal, apparently.

Scuttlebut in fandom is that it’s some sort of game - either a computer/phone game, or an AR game that requires you to be in London to play.

Uh, 18 months would be a miracle.

I don’t think we’ll see a new movie/episode for up to a decade.

Maybe never. Nah, I think they’ll throw one together in the next 10 years.

More stuff trickling out. It’s some sort of game, it looks like. Here’s Mycroft giving us some instructions, full of cryptic clues. Of course, it’s beyond me, but maybe some clever dicks here can figure out what’s going on.

It seems to be an escape game set in the Sherlock world: https://www.sherlockgame.com/

So a Sherlock themed escape room in London? Meh.