What's the best word to replace "trump" in its common usage?

Oh … I thought you meant using the name of the suit. Never mind …

I’m afraid the stench won’t go away just because the toilet’s been flushed.

There is a Korean game called Mighty which uses western cards. The game terminology includes “Mighty”, “Ripper”, and “Magic Cards”. I can see replacing the dreaded t-word with any of those.

At the same time, we might invent new meanings for “trump” itself, as in, “shove it up your trump!”

What’s wrong with using the universally used synonym for “trump” in bridge, “ruff”? At least for card games. I guess you could also say "My concern for whatever ruffs my concern for whatever else.

Beat? Edge? One-up? Defeat? Surpass? Overwhelm? Outnumber?

Personally, I like the idea of replacing Trump with “Trumpery” in every use. More satisfying than Drumpf.

Santorum.

You got santorum on my jack! Wipe that stuff offa there, right now!

I vote for “fuck.”

I personally hate the word, but how about cuck?

I’ve been saying “I trumped that all up” for three years now (whenever I make a complete dog’s breakfast out of a task).

phew, go wipe your trump

My long deceased grandfather was a little too young for WWI & a little too old for WWII. Lucky him. Family legend has that his major contribution to WWII besides his work was that whenever he farted he’d announce “Heil Hitler.”

I suppose that going forward whenever I fart I could say something like “Pardon me! I trumped”.

Ask the nearest Brit. I understand that has been in their vernacular since before this millennium.

One thing that surprised me is that I never saw any anti-Trump stuff using the sign for a no-trump bid in bridge. I’m guessing bridge is just too obscure of a hobby to be instantly recognizeable.

Anal leakage

I don’t play bridge, so I didn’t know this one. Good suggestion.

Never gets old. :grinning:

Smash or squelch.

Defeats; diminishes; surpasses…