What's the Climate of CoRNWALL (UK) Like?

I ask because somebody told me that palm trees actually grow there…so there musn’t be any snow or ice in winter. What are the summers like…is it fairly warm? And…what is the village of POLPERRO like? It’s supposed to resemble an italian village.
How long is the train ride from London?

Cornwall is a relatively warm part of the UK. The Isles of Scilly (part of the county of Cornwall) have the mildest winters, having never (or very rarely) had frost.

It takes around 5 or 6 hours to go from London Paddington to Newquay on the train.

Polperro is like an Italian village? It’s kind of a traditional fishing village that is now highly tourist-oriented.

Cornwall is pretty warm and wet. Portland like, if you know the West Coast. Polperro has its own website.
The train takes around 5 hours - a timetable here in PDF

I used to holiday down there alot when I was younger and yes they can grow the more hardy varieties of plam trees there esp. in the Scilly Isles. I’ve also been to Polperro a couple of times, I suppose it could be said to resemble an Italian village in it’s layout, but to me it’s more like a typical picturesque Cornish fishing village.

They certainly have the mildest year-round weather in that region, but that doesn’t mean you can escape the English rain there.

Polperro is a fantastic little place; a little warren of tight lanes that curve up and down; not unlike some parts of Venice.

A couple of hardy palm varieties (chiefly Trachycarpus Fortunei) are hardy in southern parts of Britain and are widely planted in the west country especially - slightly wider in range are 'Torbay palms (not actually a plam at all - Phormium Spp), but again, these are really common in the west country.

According to Basil Fawlty, Torque (sp?) has palm trees. Then he stupidly asks “Do You have palm trees in California.”

Torquay, a town on Torbay.

Here’s a relevant link.

Polperro looks like every other traditional fishing village in Cornwall, nothing remotely Italian about it, no more than any other Cornish coastal village in Cornwall anyway.
You’re probably thinking of Portmeirion in Wales which was designed in the style of an Italian village (it’s now most well-known for being used as ‘The Village’ in The Prisoner) http://www.portmeirion.wales.com/