What's the deal with the Ikki twins on "A Double Shot at Love"? (NSFW discussion)

Or "more evidence that Skald has completely lost control of the remote control to the two women in the house and is in fact completely whipped.

The Ikki Twins are two blonde women who star in the above referenced show on MTV. It’s a double-version of the Bachelorette, with added bisexual element; they’re living in a house with a group of guys and girls they’re all dating and systematically (a) making out with and (b) eliminating to © many crocodile tears.

It occurs to me that I shouldn’t have bothered typing the above, as anybody who has a clue to the answer to my question already knows about them. Ah well.

Anyway…Mrs. Rhymer & Liz like to watch & mock this show. I caught a few minutes of it the other day, and I have a question: are these sisters supposed to be dating EACH OTHER as well as the contestant pool? How the hell kinky is this?

I’d ask Kim and Liz, but they’d just point out all the ways I am old.

I wasn’t sure myself, so I asked my niece, who knows all things reality TV.* She* believes that they are not involved together in any way. Rather, they may pose for sexy pictures together and play up the “naughty twins” angle for attention–in the same way drunken, straight girls might kiss in a bar–but there’s no actual sexual relationship there or even necessarily implied beyond fantasy.

I don’t watch it with her, but from what little I’ve seen I’m inclined to believe her. They’re flirting with something kinky that isn’t actually there, essentially.

On a VH1 reality show? No way!

WHat night is it on? (Basic cable?)

Does anyone actually know who the ikki twins are? Tila Tequila was semi-famous before she got the show, but I can’t seem to find anything about these girls as to why they got a show.

As their name suggests, they were known for doing “Icky” things in “discerning” films (c.f. “The Assf*ck Twins”)

There’s a factory where they churn them out.

Churn out Icky twins, Icky things, or “discerning” films?

I know! I was shocked by the level of reality missing in the reality show.

yes.

I saw it Tuesday, I think, but I think they had Tivoed it.