What's the greatest age difference you've had in a romantic relationship?

Or a hookup, perhaps.

Mine’s easy. When I was fourteen I had a romantic relationship with a twenty-seven-year-old. No nudity, but it definitely counts. Sometimes I become alarmed thinking that I’m still not even quite as old as he was when he was hounding me at half my age.

Oh, for the sake of the record, please state your gender and orientation if you are willing to do so. I’m curious if there are correlations.

What is your gender and orientation?

(I’m male, straight. Greatest age difference: 9.5 years.)

Oh, right. I’m a guy and I’m still not straight, sorry mom.

I guess mine is pretty small. One hookup where the woman was about two years older than me, and had one actual girlfriend who was 1.5 years older than me, and another that was 1.5 years younger than me, and a “friend with benefits” that was also 1.5 years younger than me.

:smack:

Forgot, straight male, 23 years old.

Male. My wife is seven years younger; when we met I was 26 and she was 19. We were both students at the same university (I was too stupid to graduate on time) so it didn’t seem like a big deal.

When I was 24, my girlfriend was 34. We were together about a year. I’m male, and straight.

Hrm. Bi male, greatest age difference was a shade over 12 years, for a short-duration friends-with-benefits scenario.

Thought it was funny at the time. She wanted to see my ID before she’d go out with me, because she thought I looked too young. (And I was too oblivious, at the time, to consider the ramifications of that. I’d asked if she wanted to catch a movie sometime, she said “Sure, we can rent something and watch it at my place.” Gods, but I was dumb back then.)

Biggest gap in a ‘real’ relationship is my current one - my wife is 5 years younger than I am.

–sofaspud

Straight male.
I 36; she 18.

My first (real, you know what I mean) boyfriend was 16 while I was 18 (so was my first girlfriend). Not a big difference but the law seems to think so for some reason. They were both WAY more experinced than me, but I was the child molester :rolleyes: .

Currently, my last …thing was with someone a year older than my mother. 23 years. And for the record I’ve given up 16 year olds.

Female, straight.

Hmmm . . . When I was in my mid-20s I dated a 50-ish guy. Didn’t work out because a) he had a really funny nme but no sense of humor aboutm it; b) turned out he also had a wife and two kids up in Connecticut.

When I was in my mid-30s I dated a guy in his early 20s. Once. It was like dating Bart Simpson. But not in a good way.

Gay male. I met a wonderful 62yo man on my 40th birthday, and we were together for several months. Now that I’m 60, I imagine he’s gotta be the hottest 82yo on the planet (if he’s still on the planet).

Straight female, 37. I had a longish relationship with a man seventeen years my senior, and a shortish one with another one about the same age.

Straight male.

I lost my virginity to a woman six years older than me, but that wasn’t the biggest age difference

The biggest gap was when I was 23, and she was 45. It started out as a friendship and kind of blossomed into a friends with benefits thing. We only had sex a couple of times, and then she broke it off. Three months later, I was in the army and we stopped keeping in touch. I haven’t heard from her since. Oh well . . .

My wife is five years older than me.

Can you tell I’m into older women? :smiley:

My wife is 10 years younger than I am…38/28.

I’m a heterosexual female and I’ve had a couple boyfriends who were quite a bit older than me. The first was when I was 18, he was in his 20’s. I can’t remember exactly how old he was, but it seemed significant at the time. I think he was 28, maybe? The second was when I was 21. He was 17 years older than me, and had two sons nearly my age. I think I was hoping to find a man who was already settled in his life, had a home, had a career, was stable. Since I was just starting out, I was scared to be with someone who didn’t know what they were doing, either. But it turns out age doesn’t always bring wisdom, maturity, or responsibility, and I started looking at people closer to my own age range. My husband is a mere 2 months older than me :slight_smile:

It wasn’t a romantic relationship, it was pretty much all about sex, but he was something like 13 years older than me. It lasted a few months. That’s the biggest age difference so far.

I’m a straight female.

I am a 42 year old straight male and recently divorced. There is a beautiful 22 year old who I see from time to time. If you would have told me that this would have happened a year ago I would have bet you big money against it.

So, to answer the question, twenty years.

My God, I love being single again.

My husband is 18 years younger than I. He was born the year I graduated from high school. (Hetero)

23 year-old male here. I have found myself in a relationship (something six months ago I would have told you would never happen) with a lovely 32-year-old woman.