Biggest age gap (dating)

What is the biggest age gap that you’ve crossed when dating?

For me it was dating a guy who was 34 when I was 20, who I dated for about 4 years. Runner up was the guy who was 29 that I dated when I was 16.

I was 20 and he was 36. Ew, ew, ew.

Fortunately, we only dated a short time and never really fooled around. I can only imagine what I must’ve looked like in the restaurants he took me to (he was a restauranteur himself) with his 30something friends and their wives.

Not something I wish for my own daughter.

Well, I don’t have any personal stories to share, but I did read in the Times this week about Julie Chen, of CBS’ morning show and Big Brother. She just got out of a relationship with someone who was 60. She’s 32.

My biggest dating gap is 12 years, and I married him.

I went out a few times with a man who was my mother’s age - 20 years older. In retrospect, it’s decidedly creepy - I was 21 at the time - a dumb, naive 21. Now at 48, ain’t no way I’d date a 68-y/o man… at least I don’t think so. Thankfully, I’m married, so I don’t have to deal with such a decision.

When I was 20, I had a short fling with a 42-year-old divorceé. It wasn’t really “dating” in that we never went out anywhere. (And I actually ran into her a few years later in a very embarrassing way, which I’ll save for another thread some day).

I had an extended relationship with a woman 9 years older than I when I was 31-33. She had two teenager sons.

When I was 35, I dated a 19 year old. Briefly.

• Rick

I was 23 and she was 46. She didn’t look a day over 35.

Met her in Vegas at a trade show, we had an unforgettable night of drinking, gambling, and wild sex, and I never saw her again.

She had the same leather Tumi briefcase I as me.

Let’s see, hmmm…I don’t know how accurate this is since the question requires me knowing the “actual” age of the women involved. (ha)

Seriously, right after high school and for the next few years I found out that older women do in fact make good lovers.

They are more in touch with what they want, are more established financially, and usually aren’t looking for a permanent relationship, esp. w/ young men, and they really like sex!
“my ba-by…she-wants-to-party-all-the-time…mm-hmm”

The biggest age difference, I was 20, she was mid forties!
(yeah ba-by)

another one: My moms best friend…hmmm, Me-18 She-mid 30’s

another just for good measure…she 18 me 34

So, NO I don’t guess age is the big thing, as long as they’re at least 18…sometimes older. You know the mental maturity is really the important factor here.

BTW O/Cat nice pictures you have at home, (ie adult gallery) and the guy w/ the smart mouth needs his temp. checked anally w/ REALLY BIG thermometer!
Peace t~keela

Mr. Athena is 13 years older than me. I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I guess that doesn’t count as dating.

That was 9 years, I was 22 she was 29, we lived together for a year.

I have to ask- what kind of 29 year old dates a 16 year old? That’s extraordinarily fucked up!

As for me, my age gap’s not nearly so big… 7 years. I’m 30, and I dated a 23 year old earlier this year.

duh 7 years even

I’ve always been attracted to older guys. Don’t know why. My husband is 2 years older than me and remains the youngest guy (relative to me) that I’ve ever dated.

I also semi-dated a 19 year old when I was 13.

I’m still in touch with the guy who was 34 when I was 20… he’s 44 now and I’m 30. Last time I saw him was about 2 years ago… and we ended up in the sack =:O for old time’s sake, I suppose :slight_smile:

and you’ve been married how long?

Centreville, huh…<smile>

Hubby is 11 years older than me. My ex married my babysitter. She was 15 and he was 30 when they started dating. They stayed together for 10 years. I don’t understand why, because they weren’t very nice to each other.

Hubby is 11 years older than me. My ex married my babysitter. She was 15 and he was 30 when they started dating. They stayed together for 10 years. I don’t understand why, because they weren’t very nice to each other.

Well, he was starting his life over. He’d been a coked-up NYC cab driver without much future. He was then living in Tucson, attending Pima Community College, and trying to pick up his life again. He was sober. He actually quit smoking for me.

For what it’s worth, we never went further than making out. He said he’d never actually been in love before, but he thought he was falling in love with me. He wrote me a poem, once. I had a key to his apartment and I’d hang out over there instead of going home when I could get away with it.

Several years later he shot himself. It was a real shame. He was a nice guy and even if he had a late start, he really had it in him to have a good life. One creepy part of it was that I’d come across that gun at his place once, when I was looking for something :X

When i was 34, I dated (breifly) a 20 year old.
Its not a good idea, because I was more mature than he, and of course, he only wanted sex(and I was stupid enough to give it to him).

11 years :slight_smile: