What's the most interesting car you saw today?

I wish I had taken a picture of the engine. It appeared original, was very clean, small V8 but appeared to be fuel injected. Not sure if that was a thing on a 59 Chevy.

Saw a vivid green Citroen 2CV yesterday at a little distance. It stuck out in a crowd of modern cars like a haystack in a flock of geese. I should ask my friend King of Citroens about it; ten to one he knows the owner personally.

A beautiful Datsun 240Z in metallic orange - gorgeous car in great shape. I haven’t seen a first generation Z car in a while.

You could get Rochester mechanical fuel injection on a Chevrolet V8 in 1959. It gave the power quite a boost, allowing the Corvette to advertise one horsepower per cubic inch in 1957.

You could also get the 283 MFI set-up in any Chevrolet model car in 1957. Came in 2 flavors, 250 HP and of course the wild 283 HP version, which was kind of a “peaky” engine not at it’s best in daily all-around use as the 250 HP version.

Pontiac also offered the same set-up in 1957 and 1958 on their 347 and 370 V8’s respectively.

A 5th generation Plymouth Fury to being towed on a trailer

A particularly early VW Beetle. Based on the very small taillights and small vent below the rear window compared to newer ones, I think it was a late 1950s model, or 1960 at the newest. From the pictures I found showing the Bug’s evolution, it looks like they got somewhat larger taillights in '61.

GAH! Every time a 240Z comes to mind, I remember a snippet of a song when I was a kid. All those business execs in their 240Zs… I can never remember what song it is. :frowning:

Sorry, autocorrect. A Fury III, white, with racing tires.

A '76 Chevy Monte Carlo, one of the more hideous vehicles ever produced in America.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2016/11/22/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1976-chevrolet-monte-carlo

On our motorcycle/trike ride yesterday, we crossed a Karmann Ghia. Convertible, even.

I spoke too soon yesterday. Because after I posted yesterday I came across this thing. I’m really not sure what to make of it. It looks kind of like a Model T, but not quite. Maybe some sort of kit car or custom built thing?

Imgur

The controls look like they’re from a Model T I think. I wish I’d taken a picture that shows them better. But there are three pedals, but no traditional gearshift, and what I think is a hand throttle behind the steering wheel.

Imgur

Engine says “Frontenac” on it, which to my knowledge was a make Ford sold in Canada in the 1960s. Obviously too modern for a Model T, but this thing seems to be a mix of old and new parts.

Imgur

Rear view.

Imgur

Looks like a very nicely done Model T speedster. Here’s some more:
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/generation-t-model-t-speedster

And a Facebook friend pointed out that it apparently has a stock block with a “Fronty” head. I’d assumed this was a more modern engine because it’s obviously not a flat head, but apparently there were aftermarket overhead valve conversions for the Model T.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/synonym-for-speed-ford-model-t-frontenac?fbclid=IwAR0ACAplM0FQNkBGWWVvsZ6xyY8D3Qlw2hLc0j2_g6Q43o2yl8D6Z85UoEw

I’m not all that familiar with the models, but I think it was a late 50’s GMC Blue Chip pickup. It was red, with matching red hubcaps, and a big GMC logo on the grill. It’s possible that it was an earlier GMC New Design pickup but the grill logo didn’t really match.

I’ve got three for the weekend.
Friday morning, I woke up to a 2008 Pontiac Solstice, green. It’s a Beach Boys model. :wink: :smiley:

Sat I passed a red Datsun 280Z 2+2. He looked over & gave me a big thumbs up. Yup, I’ve got a cool car.

Sun morning I go to the bagel store; the yellow 1957 Corvette with it’s top down totally destroys my cool car buzz. ::sniff::

A Honda Fit – except it was badged as a Honda Jazz RS, which is the name for the Fit in some other countries. I’m not sure if someone just thought it would be fun to put foreign marked badges on their Fit (it did appear modded in other ways), or if it’s a car someone brought over from another country. It was way too new to be brought over under the 25 year rule, but IIRC if someone in the military buys a car while stationed overseas they can have it shipped to the US, right? Does the car have to meet US regulations in that case?

That should be “Foreign market badges.”

Today I saw an early Corvair convertible. The top was up. Looked all original, paint was faded and a little rust around the rear wheel wells. Actually, it had rear wheel fender skirts, never saw that on a Corvair before. Light metallic blue with a white top.
Last Sunday I saw two interesting cars but forgot to post. First, at Kroger, I saw a pristine looking '67 Pontiac Firebird 400. Red and very, very nice. Later I caught a quick glance at a “Pro Street” Opel GT. It had a huge, backward facing hood scoop, a big wing on the back and as it passed it sounded like it had a healthy V8. Wasn’t sure what it was until I noticed the big Opel GT decal across the upper half of the windshield.

I saw another one of these on the drive north yesterday. Only this one had a Chevy badge.