What's the most interesting car you saw today?

Is that the specific truck you saw, or is that just a picture of a similar vehicle from the internet? Because if that’s the actual truck, it would qualify as interesting to me even apart from its purpose. It looks to be a classic Jeep forward control truck…

It’s one of a bunch of Jeeps of various vintages and configurations parked out in front of Gillette’s Trading Post, just south of the intersection of US 285 and CO 114. There’s a sign hanging over the lot that says “Jeep Rescue League”.

Missed the edit window…you can see the Jeeps using street view here (the map image is from a couple of years ago, the giraffes were on a different chassis then) :

https://goo.gl/maps/51FSa4NNyZUt76ej7

Yesterday I saw a neon green Lamborghini Huracan, a Ferrari Mondial 8 (which is even smaller than you think it is, the Lotus Esprit I said was small is big in comparison), and my first Corvette C8.

I used to see Ferrari Mondials in the '80s and '90s when I lived in L.A. (Now that I think of it, I don’t remember ever seeing a hardtop.) I’ve always liked the looks of them.

I saw a beautiful Karmann Ghia. I had a chance to drive a buddy’s beater Ghia back in college, it was almost Flintstones with the rusted out floor.

[/quote] AU GHOTI
[/quote]
Goldfish?

Aye. Extra characters to post.

This weekend:
Two Model A Fords, one pristine, one “as found”.
A Chrysler Prowler.
1969 Camaro, very nice except for the modern low profile rims and tires that really detracted from the overall vibe.
A 1970s Dodge Challenger, very nice. Orange with black accents.

That last one is pretty clever Au =gold and ghoti=fish.
For those of you going ghoti? gh in enough is pronounced “f”, o is pronounced like a short i on women, and ti in nation is “sh”, ergo ghoti=fish.

A couple of days ago at the Pioneer Museum in Gunnison, Colorado: a 1959 De Soto Firedome. (If you’re ever in the area, the museum is a must-see. The car collection alone is worth a stop and there’s a ton of other stuff worth checking out.)

A late 1970s Toyota Corolla wagon. My dad had a '79 when I was a kid, so I instantly recognized it. The one I saw looked somewhat modified, with modern aftermarket wheels, aftermarket exhaust, and LED headlights with amber rings around them for turn signals. I don’t remember if the original turn signals were also functional, as my eyes were drawn to the ones around the headlights. And given the aftermarket exhaust I suspect a non-stock engine under the hood. But even in it’s non-original state, that was a fun car to see. You really don’t see Japanese cars from that era anymore.

Interestingly, for a short period in the late 1950s and early 1960s, Chrysler Corporation had just as many car brands as GM: Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, and Imperial.

We were eating dinner outside in the square last night when a tan TR6 went by, top up but rear window missing? Is that a thing or did the window just die and the owner hasn’t replaced it yet?

I don’t know about TR6s, but MGBs got zip-down rear windows in the '70s.

I saw a late 40s or early 50s Studebaker while I was driving to work this morning. I only saw the back, so I couldn’t see if it was the “bullet nose” variety or or the more conventional late 1940s hood. But you can’t mistake that distinctive trunk and rear window for anything else.

At Capitol Reef National Park today, a couple of '64 Austin Healey 3000s:

So I looked at some pictures of Studebakers yesterday, and I realize they did re-style the rear of the bullet-nose ones a bit. The '50-51 bullet nose models had vertical taillights and smallish tailfins. The '47-49 models had more horizontal taillights. So I can say the car I saw yesterday was a late-1940s model. Actually, come to think of it I have seen a 1947 Studebaker in that same area before (the first time I saw it there was a sign in the back window that read “1947”). So it was probably the same car.

A 2020 Ford Escape. I like the new design.

A mint-condition '54 Chevy Bel Air.

A Corvair. Looks to be somewhat restomodded.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Honorable mentions that I couldn’t photograph because I was driving at the time:
An old Chevy LUV pickup, with a “stepside” style bed. Did Chevy/Isuzu offer that kind of bed on the LUV, or was that a custom job? It looked like a smaller version of the stepside bed offered on the 1970s/80s full sized Chevy pickups. The truck I saw also looked like it was restomodded, hence my thinking that the bed might have been custom.

An Audi R8. The exhaust note was loud. Like obnoxiously loud, IMO.

http://hikethewhites.com/sdmb/valiant.jpg

From a sticker on it I think it’s a 1962 Plymouth Valiant. I’m only familiar with the later boring versions of the nameplate. This is a funky car.

ETA- not sure why the preview isn’t showing, but clicking on the link works.

Early 90s BMW 325xi. The boxy sedan just before they changed the body shape.
A very nice red Corvair tootling down the same highway I saw the Delorean on a few weeks ago.
Some sort of modern Aston Martin at a small town garage on that highway. Matte black with a big wing.