What's the most interesting car you saw today?

It’s interesting that this thread started in the spring of 2014, and I was going to post at the time that it was cool seeing a Tesla Model S in the grocery store parking lot. Now those things are so common around here it’s almost like seeing just about any other car, and there are also a lot of Model 3s and the occasional Model X around. In fact the Model S, while still a very good looking car, is getting a little dated and can probably use a redesign or at least a few aesthetic tweaks. What a difference six and a half years makes!

This afternoon, a bright yellow Volkswagen Thing, in pristine condition. Been years since I last saw one of those on the road.

Yesterday, a friend put his trusty summer vehicle, a white 1999 VW Cabriolet, away for the winter. He usually times it well so I trust we are getting a lasting snowfall this week. He’s had that car since new but it now qualifies as interesting, because I don’t see many here in MN anymore.

I spotted a Chevy C20 Cheyenne pickup with a 350, which means 1971 or 1972. Looks like someone’s winter truck.

There was also a 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Official Pace Car edition, that looked like hell. Several body panels were Bondo and primer, and it appeared to be limping down the street. Probably someone’s winter beater.

Yesterday at the parking area for the Gay Head Lighthouse on Martha’s Vineyard a 1968 Ford Fairlane 500 convertible in mint green.

Today a lowered and souped up Super Beetle.

At the supermarket here on the Vineyard, a Volvo Duett. Not sure I’ve ever seen one before.

One of my neighbor’s friends or relatives drives a big old '92 (according to the personalized plates) Buick Estate Wagon, complete with fake wood paneling. I see it parked in front of their house from time to time, like today. Without looking it up I don’t know the last year they made those, but that must be one of the last old school full sized V8 powered rear wheel drive station wagons made in the US.