What's the most interesting car you saw today?

Porsche 356! A few of them. More photos on imgur.

A pink motorcycle, BMW F 800; a rare Porsche 911, one of only 127 made; and a sweet Ferrari. These were up at Alice’s Restaurant in Woodside CA yesterday, up on Skyline Highway at the junction of highways 35 and 84.

Civic type R is probably fastest Honda now , not including Acuras. Normally I see 1 or 2 a year. I just saw 4 go past me on the highway. Maybe headed to car show. Around $35k new.

Walking around the neighborhood this morning, a '64 Valiant Convertible. It looked okay from across the street–close up, not so much.

Ah yes, the consummate “20 footer” in faded “resale red”.

An Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.

Since we have an Oscar Mayer plant here, we see it all the time anyway.

A Bentley Continental GT V8, at the beach as we were launching our kayaks.

A Honda 600 made for the American market. Rare as hen’s teeth they are now. Early Honda imports would start rusting on the boats as they were shipped from Japan.

I occasionally see one of those parked outside an apartment complex I pass on the way to work (when I have to go in to the office). I last saw it a couple of days ago. It’s painted white with brown and orange stripes, a very 1970s color scheme.

But today I saw a Mercedes-AMG GT-S.

Last night I saw a Ford Transit Connect passenger van. I have seen plenty of Transit Connect cargo vans driving around as commercial work vehicles, and I was vaguely aware that Ford offered a passenger version, but I don’t think I’ve actually seen the passenger version on the road in the US. It looks more like the sort of vehicle that would be used as a commercial shuttle van, but this one looked like it was a private vehicle, being used as a minivan to haul someone’s family around.

I saw a Ford Mustang Mach-E “in the wild” for the first time today.

The 1992 Lancia Delta HF, designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro. It was one of the most successful rally cars ever, winning the World Rally Championship six straight times between 1987 and 1992. It was sold in Europe as the Saab-Lancia 600.

Spotted last night in San Carlos CA.

Ever since I saw this, I started to notice… that they’re everywhere!

First one I saw was almost-fluorescent green and, given the clutter inside, was clearly being used as a “van to hit music festivals and sleep in if we have to”.

“Early” ones with low mileage are not expensive. Tempting…

That is interesting. Either they’re just not as popular in these parts, or they’re so nondescript they blend in to the background and I’ve just never noticed them before. But I did notice the cargo versions on the road.

Heading toward the 5 from the office, I saw a yellow Meyers Manx with a collector plate. The driver and his (presumed) wife looked like they could have driven one when it was new.

That would be a fun toy to have!

There’s a red one up here in Summer that parks at a house on the beach. I don’t know if it belongs to a year-round resident, someone with a holiday home, or a friend of the homeowner. Strangely, I haven’t seen it this year. I’ll have to look for it when I drive by. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen another one here too.

Well I saw it yesterday, but…

A 1967 Pontiac GTO, red, with the “rallye-II” wheels. I noted it had a rear stabilizer bar, and so the owner added that to improve handling ( GTO’s didn’t get rear stabilizer bars from the factory until 1970 )

Beautiful car, but the traffic congestion, made worse by the 3 or 4 un-synchronized traffic lights in the 2 or 3 mile stretch of road we were fellow travelers on stymied my every effort to get abreast of it to better ogle it and to offer the driver a thumbs up.

What was the most pleasant surprise was though the car had a South Carolina license plate, the driver signalled his lane changes.

There was a classic Hot Rod looking thing that I saw from behind, really wide tires sticking out a long way from the chassis. Looked vaguely like this, but with the tires even further extended:

https://koolandthecars.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/10/ford-1932-sedan-hot-rod-f32101-3.jpg

McLaren 600LT Spider