What's the most interesting car you saw today?

That must suck so hard. No good options and the real possibility it can’t be fixed.

My dad had a 1969 4-door. It was the car I primarily learned to drive on.

My parents had two older Buicks, including that 1969 Skylark. And then they got two newer cars. I was the oldest kid, so when I turned 16 I was the third driver in a 4 car family. That humble Skylark was basically’mine’. Not a bad deal.

I see 2nd-gen Skylarks around every once in a great while, and when I do it brings back some good memories. My first kiss in a car was in that Buick.

Yesterday I was passed by two nice red cars. The first was a nicely maintained old Datsun (not Nissan) 300ZX 2+2, and then later by a nice Ferrari. I’m not sure but I think it might’ve been a Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

3 new Lucid Airs, back to back to back, on the interstate this afternoon.

The Lucid Air is a nice looking car.

Google Photos

Can someone identify the model of Ferarri I saw today?

That’s an F8 Tributo. More or less the entry level mid-engined car in the lineup.

A 1st-gen Miata racer toy.

The Miata was cute. Cousin had one. My 89 Nissan 240 Coupe left it in the dust though.

A friend at work has one and races it. It sure looks like fun!

Miatas are about the most common race car these days for road racing. They’re affordable and fun to drive. They also provide good, close racing to watch. Race cars don’t have to be particularly fast, the fun comes from not overdriving the car and having other folks to race with.

An early Dodge Viper GTS in extremely heavy interstate traffic into Chicago. I hope that clutch is easy!

This morning I saw a late 1970s or early 1980s Datsun 280ZX on a trailer. It looked like it was possibly someone’s restoration project.

Yesterday I saw a well-preserved, orange, Gremlin.

Today I saw the first Karma Revero GT in the wild. I’ve seen them in dealerships, and I’ve test driven one, and now I’ve seen it out there on the streets.

The Shape of Things to Come: a Triumph TR8 convertible.

It was yesterday… but I was behind a Maserati with a license plate that said PIKACHIU.

Dropping my car off for service this morning, saw one exactly like this in the dealership service bay:

Those cars are very strong. Like a tank. I once met someone recovering in a hospital and she showed me pictures of her car. She’d been T-boned by a bus and the car was crushed. She said the first responders told her that was the worst accident they’d ever seen where the occupant survived.

Oh, for sure. They are legendary for safety and reliability. That 5 cyl diesel runs for hundreds of thousands of miles with routine maintenance. Slow as hell, but if you’re not in a hurry, it’s a wonderful way to roll.

Obviously, there have been 36 years of advancements since a 1985 Mercedes was built. A new car, even a smaller one, might be safer. There are crash test videos, like this one of a 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air vs. 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. The newer car is damaged, of course, but less apparent injury to the crash test dummies.