What's the most interesting car you saw today?

I was following a Maserati Quattroporte on 128 today. Nice looking car, surprisingly understated.

I saw a Model A yesterday, just driving along in traffic!

I saw a very old pickup truck held together with duct tape and wire clothes hangars. No way did it pass PA state inspection. Sure enough, no inspection sticker. Wondering what state it was registered in, I walked around the back of the truck (parked at a minimart). There was no plate. None. Must be a farm truck that seldom leaves home base.

Last week I saw a nice example of a ~1970 Ford Ranchero (dusty red and white) that dude was using as a daily driver. I talked to him for a bit and he said that he had spent a couple of years bringing it back to life, but he’d really rather drive it than restore it. It wasn’t fully restored, but had a new paint job and was looking good. He still had the old Ford hubcaps on the wheels. One of the “cool” things about it was it had turn signal indicators on the back of the hood scoop.

Coolest was probably this baby that I’ve been driving the last couple of days. 1963 Ford Futura.

It looks like someone removed the middle of a Scion xB, lengthwise. How does it not fall over?

On my commute I mostly notice either people being excessively aggressive or wildly breaking the law to get ahead, or large trucks with distinctive markings, because they’re easy to use to track which lane(s) are moving.

This morning, it was a woman in a blue-green Honda Pilot driving on the shoulder and jumping out into on-ramp merge lanes to jump ahead. At one point she was on the shoulder and zipped right past a State Trooper. It was one of the rare occasions there is a cop there to catch someone doing that shit.

Yesterday a red 1958 T-bird flew past me going in the opposite direction. I almost ran off the road trying to keep sight of it in my rearview mirror.

I don’t know what it is about my little town of 11,000, but I see gorgeous classic cars a lot around here. It could be they’re from Seattle and out for a drive on our hilly, picturesque roads.

A 1957 Chevy and a mid-50’s Ford truck. Both are parked along side the road with ‘For Sale’ signs on them. They want $15K for the Chevy, I haven’t checked on the truck yet.

A Subaru Impreza with the Full Teenager Package - lime-green nonfunctional spoiler on the trunk lid, matching colors on the wheels and the decals, completely ridiculous but there are those who buy it.

A Saturn wagon.

I haven’t gone outside yet today, but I can see it sitting in the driveway from here.

Ditto on the Tesla. Saw a white one last Saturday.

Before I saw the picture I thought you were driving the proto-Batmobile.

Are you referring to the FX-Atmos? I had never heard of it until your post got me to doing some quick googling today. If i saw that car on the road, it would take the prize as “most-interesting” without a doubt.

…found a photo of the FX-Atmos at this link in case anyone is interested.

Nice! To my mind the Futura Coupe is one of the nicest cars around.

Falcons were pretty much sneered at back in the 60s when they came out. It was another of Ford’s unimaginative designs, compared to the GM cars that were tearing up the roads at the time. My brother had one and managed to roll it while on one of his “hunting trips” (read: drinking binge). It’s funny to me that they’re considered ‘cool’ now.

I stopped by a Tesla store today so I should go with the Model S.

Then my MIL stopped by with her '55 Bel Air.

So either one I guess.

I’d like to see a wood-fired car or truck one of these days.

Nothing in the lot of the Bentley/Lambo dealer. It was my favorite 70’s blue ragtop ghetto cruiser

There oughta be a law…

The North Houston Hyundai dealership, which I pass every day, seems to do a side business in hot-rodded classics and '70s muscle cars, as well as having something like a dozen or so of those retro pickup-like Chevy SSRs on the lot.

But maybe that doesn’t count. This might be better: for some reason each of the past three days I’ve seen a different, brand-new Bentley tooling around my neighborhood, two sedans and a convertible. While I don’t live on the wrong side of the tracks or anything, neither would I consider this exactly Bentley territory.