What's the most interesting car you saw today?

Saw an MGB today. I was with someone, so didn’t have time to get the jizz but it looked like a model from very late in the run.

Wow…today was actually low key on the car front. South Florida has a ton of fancy, special cars.
And a pretty big antique scene.

I guess the Iconic Roadster we have in the garage would be the most interesting one, but I see it every day. It sits next to the two Hummers (one in camo)

There are some seriously rich people at the office. The other day, the owners were trying to remember if they owned two or three Ferraris. The one who drives a Ferrari to the office is out of town. One day when one of the Ferraris was in the shop, he drove the Rolls instead.

The guy with the Tesla model S didn’t come in today, either.

There is a guy in the suburb next to mine who has a restored Willys jeep. He was driving around this morning while I was on my way to work.

QUOTE=shunpiker;17397496]Are you referring to the FX-Atmos? I had never heard of it until your post got me to doing some quick googling today. If i saw that car on the road, it would take the prize as “most-interesting” without a doubt.

…found a photo of the FX-Atmos at this link in case anyone is interested.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, but I was referring to this:

This was the original car that George Barris turned into the first tv Batmobile.

Pretty good, but I was referring to this:

This was the original car that George Barris turned into the first tv Batmobile.

I saw a Corvette. Probably late 90s or early 00s. Had the hidden headlights. They’re pretty rare here in Finland.

Teslas are a dime a dozen around here, but I just saw a Fisker Karma on my drive home.

One of those lives in a neighborhood not far from me. Very sleek looking machine. I saw an Aston DB7 on the road this morning.

If you go to the right part of the city around here, you can see plenty of high-end Eurocars, but what i really love about Southern California is all of the beautiful old American heavy metal. There’s a tattoo shop just near me (actually there are about four), and a good chunk of their customers seem to drive old Chevy and Fords and other beautifully-maintained cars from the '50s and '60s.

One of the most unusual cars that i see around here is a bright red auto-rickshaw. Sounds like a cross between a lawnmower and a sewing machine.

I like them because they’ve got the style elements of the time but manage to be pretty understated. The front grille isn’t their strongest suit, but they’ve got that great roof line and from the rear they look flat-out terrific.

eta that’s just a beautiful thing.

After passing to Tesla Model S’s on the way home yesterday I saw a car I see very rarely - a Nissan Leaf. Just an interesting commentary on the state of electric cars.

My boss is a collector and restorer of classic British sports cars, but he rarely takes them out except for shows. So while today he’ll probably just drive his Range Rover to work, there’s always the outside chance that I’ll get to see the very first Triumph sports car ever built (serial number: TS1 LO) pull into the garage.

Saw a vehicle for sale today. It’s a Volunteer Fire Department rescue vehicle. Sort of an enhanced ambulance with attached lights, generator, etc. Probably gets lousy gas mileage, but I wonder how it could be repurposed.

Guy who works in my building drives a Lambo Murcielago. It amazes me that he drives it to this office. Our parking garage is horrible and tight, with lots of columns just waiting to scrape your bumper or fender. No way I would bring a wide exotic like the Lambo to this garage.

Anyway, it’s a nice day today, so he drove the Lambo. Saw it 10 minutes ago, bright orange for the win.

A blue Hummer.

Hummers are favored by generals and upper level government officials. It can be a useful car during cacimbo ( the rainy season ) but hard to maneuver in traffic.

Saw a very pretty Maserati GranTurismo in my neighborhood this morning. :slight_smile:

On the way to work today, I was passed by a Model S. In recent months I have been passed by an Aston-Martin, Bentley, Maserati and Lamborghini. I used to see a Yugo regularly with Florida plates. I always wondered if they drove it up here to Ohio, or what…

There’s a 1966 Mustang for sale just down the street. Looks nice except for the white textured top. At first I thought it was a convertible, but instead it has that cheesy material. The interior looks extremely clean and the guy wants $9,000 for it, which to me means ‘possible mechanical problems’.

A Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, bright green. Too bad they’ve cancelled it.

I once saw a 70s Dodge Colt on Michigan Avenue with Puerto Rican plates. That was a head-scratcher.

Nothing interesting car-wise, but saw a Honda VFR motorcycle in great shape.

OK, so today adjacent to my local Big Lots, I noticed, on the lot of the outfit that runs a little detailing/windshield repair/used car/handyman/I don’t know what else operation next door, an old '60’s-era step van of a type I hadn’t seen before, apparently being used as a shaved ice stand. I got out my camera and took a couple of shots, at which point the rather beefy owner ran up, aggressively asking me what I thought I was doing. “I like old vehicles and I’m taking pictures of your ice cream truck”, I said. I then bid him good day and drove off.

Dude, if you don’t want people taking pictures of your truck, pull a tarp over it or something.