Whats the url for the chrome home screen?

I installed something and clicked thru without paying attention and it changed my home screen when i launch chrome. I know where in settings to change my home screen but I dont know the URL. Currently I set it back to www.google.com. But previously it wasnt a webpage it was chrome with icons for google play, gmail, drive, chrome apps etc.

Anyone know the address I need to set my home page to bring that back?

In my Chrome settings page, under the “On start-up” heading there are three options, one of which is “Open the New Tab page”.

If that doesn’t work for you, the URL for that page on my install is “https://www.google.co.za/_/chrome/newtab”. But presumably it’ll be “.com” rather than “.co.za” if you’re in the US.

Are you sure it was a page? There is a Chrome option for a home page that is the Google search plus 8 icons of your most commonly used URLs. That’s not a URL, it’s an internal screen.

Both right, it’s not a URL, it’s part of Chrome Settings.

Is there a way to make Chrome NOT do that? I’d prefer those icons not show up like that.

The internal URL Chrome uses to refer to that is:

chrome://newtab

If you don’t want to see that page when you start the browser, just set the home page to something else.

If you don’t want to see when you open a new tab, use this workaround:

If you want something else altogether when you open a new tab, look through the Chrome Extensions website.

If you want it to just load a blank page when you make a new tab, use this particular extension.

Reply: I’ve been looking for a way to make the new tab page about:blank for years. Thank you!

ETA: It’s so beautiful. sniffle