What's the weirdest Christmas song you know?

I have to nominate “Must be Santa” by Nobel Laureate Robert A Zimmerman. Not only for the song itself but also for whatever is going on in this crazyass video.

OMG, that was bizarre. And, what the hey, I enjoyed it. But what was with the names of the American presidents in the recitation of Santa’s magical flying critters? Reminded me of today’s Baby Blues comic strip.

I think that one guy was trying to escape the singing. And that’s a cute comic strip.

Hate to tell you, but Nobel Laureate Zimmy didn’t write it. It’s ooolld. Older than me. It’s usually done more like a song to sing around the campfire.

Though I must say, that particular arrangement is certifiably weird.

Oh, I know it’s not his. My brother performed it in choir with all the other 3rd graders. But this version is wacko. Right up there with the hypercaffeinated Barbra Streisand version of “Jingle Bells.”

Santa Doesn’t Cop Out on Door by Martin Mull

Santa Fly, also by Mull

Not sure if its real , but I think theres a song by Tiny Tim called Santa Has Got the Aids This Year.

I’m submitting Christmas Amoeba by Steve “The Doctor” Lyon

Take a lot of the college parties I went to and add an Oktoberfest theme and that could be hidden camera video.

Snoopy celebrates Christmas with The Red Baron

There are a few on the “A John Waters Christmas” album that are weird and also kind of off-putting, like Here Comes Fatty Claus.

In the weird but fun category, I like I Want An Alien For Christmas

Oh I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas!

Came in assuming “Grandma got run over by a reindeer” would be here.

I love that song, especially the affected German accent the singer does for the Red Baron:

Snoopy was certain that this was the end
When the Baron cried out, “Merry Christmas, my friend”

The star of that video certainly is Dylan’s wig.

Holy smokes! I’ve never seen or heard that one before. I reckon he rarely performs it live.

If it didn’t say Dylan I’d totally be “Tom Pettty” (without that Rickenbacker I remember him asking Santa to bring him) and the Shmengi Brothers yet couldn’t find Eugene Levy or John Candy,

Weirder than a Mexican take on an old absurd Spanish Christmas traditional about fishes drinking in the river? It is so bad, it gets worse: Angela Aguilar in what looks like an open air sewer during the dry season (just guessing here) singing Los peces en el río.

I’ve a few faves.

Straight no chaser: 12 days of Christmas

O Little town of Bethlehem; sung to the tune of House of the Rising Sun

And probably my fave (now competing with that “Zimmerman” guy’s tune) is Dropkick Murphy’s “The Season’s upon us!”

Re: the Chipmunks Christmas album–I was at Rasputin Records yesterday and they were playing it over the house system. It was weird though, because the speed kept changing back and forth between the sped up and slowed down vocals. I don’t know if it was a doctored version or if the guy behind the counter was messing with the playback device. Hearing the varispeed version was kind of disorienting.

That’s a great playlist!