What's your best single word scrabble score?

What’s your best score for a single word?

Mine was a fluke. - WIZENS - 141 The W (4) landed on a triple letter, the Z (10) landed on a triple letter, the entire word was on a triple word…

((4 * 3) + 1 + (10 * 3) + 1 + 2 + 1) * 3 = 141

(12 + 1 + 30 + 1 + 2 + 1) * 3 = 141

ETA: I hardly ever play scrabble. When I do - I don’t put much effort into it :slight_smile:

edit: I just looked at a screenshot I took of it. It only awarded me 117. I don’t understand.

Turns out the first triple word was used up on the other word created - ‘OW’ (1+(4*3)) so my scored for that round would have been 117 + 9

My best ever was SLICKENS on a triple-triple, with the K on a double-letter.

I think it would have been ((1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + (2*5) + 1 + 1 + 1) * 9 ) + 50 = 221.

I rarely get bingoes and I never get triple-triples, so it was quite an accomplishment.

Around 350 points, with Quixotic on the top left corner, earning double triple words, a double letter on the X, and a 50 point bonus for using all my letters. It’s been downhill ever since then.

Moving thread from IMHO to The Game Room.

Not sure, but I recently made, IIRC, 130 in a game of WordFeud against our own Dolores Reborn by playing CONCRETE on two triples…

Joe

Online, I once played RELOADER (no blanks, IIRC), a triple-triple with the first E being the letter I built off of (from a very well-placed JUGGLE, so I completely understand why my opponent thought it was worth it).

I forget how many points, but you can calculate yourself. :slight_smile:

For some reason, I have scored exactly 212 several times and never higher. Once, it was QUITTERS on the trip-trip; the others I don’t remember.

The most ever scored against me was a little over 300 for OVERZEAL on the trip-trip.

What game were you playing - you cannot get both a triple letter and triple word in regular Scrabble?

OVERKILL for 230 points (2xK, 9xWord, +50 points)

Likely Words With Friends, a very popular mobile app scrabble clone.

Words With Friends.

The left and right sides of the board have triple letter and triple word blocks in one column.

I once made “QUALMIER” across two triple-word scores, along the bottom of the board, from center to right. That’s 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 (double letter) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 22 * 3 = 66 * 3 = 198 + 50 = 248. My sister protested that it’s not a word, but our dictionary showed “qualmy” so she had to accept that the comparative was real. My family still tries to work that word into conversation sometimes.

I had a dual triple once…in Computer Scrabble.

I used the hint button to check the spelling of something like Quizzical…

It spit out some other word I never heard of…

Think it was about 350 points, using Q X and Z.

Never got anything like that playing regular though. :mad:

I don’t remember how many points I scored but I did once spell oxidize.

EXCAVATE for 102 points. Sigh.

But then, I’ve only been playing online for a few weeks.

I’ve scored exactly 212 several times; QUITTERS was one and I forget the others, but nothing too exotic, on the trip-trip. Against me, the record was for OVERZEAL (300-odd) in the usual place.

Wonder if anyone’s set a personal record by spelling ZOMBIFIED:smiley:

About 10 years ago, I got 168 points in one play with QUIZZES using a blank for one of the Zs, Q on a double letter score, triple word score, 50 point bonus for using all 7 letters in the tray, and the S crossed with a previously played word to pluralize it.