What's your current Desktop Background/Wallpaper?

Mine is this Dali inspired picture by my 8-year-old son

I get a Forbidden when I try to go there.

I’m currently alternating between this one I took of Double Arch at Arches National Park:
http://www.kleinallen.com/misc/doublearch.gif
And this one I took during a winter trip to Yellowstone National Park:
http://www.kleinallen.com/misc/yellowstone.gif

After you get that message, try putting your cursor in the address field, at the end of the URL, and pressing the ENTER key.

Mares and foals

I can email it to you, if you still can’t get it to work, Bosda. (It’s the USS Nevada in her Bikini outfit.)

A picture of my wife and Giants broadcaster/ex-pitcher Mike Krukow, on the walkway overlooking McCovey Cove.

(Eat your heart out, Troy McClure!)

Something synthetic from here [Digital Blasphemy]. I love this guy’s work (generally landscapes or planetscapes, all CGI rendered). Been a member for years, you can look back in the archives and see how much computer rendering has improved over the last decade or so.

Exactly which one varies from day to day.

The overhead view of the Adler Planetarium and the Shedd Aquarium that you can get from Google Earth or other sources. I’ve had it for some time.

I’m in the process of getting aerial photos of Chicago landmarks, both current and when their construction was nearly finished. When I do that, I’ll get a wallpaper changer and rotate them all.

I have a screenshot of the army of V’s from V for Vendetta - it’s pretty funny to see people’s expressions when they close all the windows on my comp.

okay I can’t find the link anywhere but it’s a pretty awesome looking shot

A kayaker running a big rapid. Its on the Green River Narrows and I think it’s called “Go Left Or Die.”

It’s been this picture I took in Philadelphia over Christmas break since about January… but it’s getting to be time to switch things up.

That worked.

Nice photos PigBoy and RJKUgly!

I haven’t seen my desktop in so long, I was unsure if it was a digital montage of Mars from Spirit/Opportunity, or an embarassingly waffy Inuyasha wallpaper.

Turns out my desktop image got nuked sometime, and I’m left with Windows Desert brown. :frowning: (A nice theme 'cause it avoids confusion when using Remote Desktop, Citrix, etc).

Its not uncommon for me to use something from Digital Blasphemy, mostly because my laptop is a widescreen, and finding widescreen wallpapers is harder than you might think. Im getting better at finding wallpapers, but for now my collection and sources are still pretty small.

At the moment however, I am going through an assortment of Orchid backgrounds. Warning: large image

Agreed – my laptop is a widescreen, too, which I should have mentioned in my first post. In addition to Digital Blasphemy there are a lot of great widescreen wallpapers at InterfaceLIFT; Andre Gunther also has some beautiful widescreen wallpapers.

Nicky Hayden dragging his knee through (what appears to be) the left hander just before Curva Angel Nieto, at the Circuito de Jerez.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2006/mgp/jerez-test-march/1/8.htm

here. I don’t use the rest of the theme (the cursor turns into a big Wallace hand :slight_smile: ) because it’s too distracting.

I didn’t clear off everything because I really like the way I’ve got my PC setup right now. For those who think the Mac is customizable:

Here is my desktop. (Resized from 1280x960 to conserve bandwidth)

I completely change the appearance of my desktop / UI every week or so. Keeps me from getting bored.

Thanks for the links! Those pictures are gorgeous, and I can enjoy them without having them stretch and warp on me like many wallpapers do. I mostly use Digital Blasphemy, but sometimes I can strike it rich on Google, but google pictures tend to be 800x600, instead of 1280x800 like my screen is.