Whats your favorite sub?

Okay, post your favorite Subway or Quiznos sub here. Be specific, Include toppings and the type of bread you like it on. Mine:

Subway, BMT with everything on regular bread

Yeah I know not very exciting. What else do they got thats good?

I’m rather fond of the Chicken Carbona from Quiznos myself. Chicken, bacon, mozzarella, mushrooms, a few olives, Creamy Bacon Alfredo Sauce, sometimes with Pepperocinis or a few strands of red onion, on a plain baguette, I don’t think it tastes its best on wheat.

Erm, correcting a typo (and I previewed too). Make that a Chicken Carbonara that I like from Quiznos.

Subway Steak and Cheese. I lived off those my first year in college. I can’t eat at quizno’s anymore as I have one half a block away from my work and for about 8 months ate almost there everyday, now there food always makes me feel a little ill. I used to love their Italian sandwich and their Tuna Fish though.

Subway: Italian BMT on white with spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, lots of jalapenos, Southwest sauce, and parmesan cheese.

Quizno’s: Black Angus with their Batch 81 Three-Pepper hot sauce (my favorite hot sauce).

Any other sub place, I usually default to their spicy Italian cold cut sub with everything on it except mayo and pickles.

Los Angeles class,

What? :smack:
Never mind.

Ick. Neither Subway or Quizno’s makes a sub that can stand up to most homegrown sub shops.

I have many favorite subs, but what comes to mind right now is the sub made by that place in Boulder right off of 30th that made “The Gobbler.” Sliced turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce. Try getting that at Subway!

Steak, onions, and Swiss from J&M Italian Specialties - a local hole in the wall.

Subway: Footlong spicy italian on white, with cheese, pickles, onions, olives, and peppers, heavy on the vinegar, no spices.

I eagerly anticipate The Atlantic each month. Especially PJ O’Rourke and the “Word Fugitives” column.

Other than that, yeah, I like the BMT. Black olives, lett. (hold the tom.), must., mayo, dressing.

That Steak 'n Cheez pile Quiznos is hawking lately might be good, but I hate to give my $ to organizations with fake-Italian names that employ obnoxious CGI babies.

Also: What’s up with this Angus jive? Coming from a cow-intensive state though I do, I prefer not to know the breed of my meat.

Bettie Page.

<zow>

I had one last night, and it was awesome. I hate the talking baby too, but I was eating at Quizno’s long before they started that ad campaign. It’s a great steak and cheese sandwich by any standards.

On the ad it looks positively vomitous and very un-cheesesteaklike.

Veggie Delite with oil and vineager. No mayo or cheese.

Currently the USS North Carolina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_North_Carolina_(SSN-777)

Southwest turkey bacon from Subway. Of course, it’s not on the meu officially, so I have to get a turkey sub, w/ provavlone, lettuce, tomoato, onion, southwest sauce, and have them add bacon. On Italian bread.

Strangely enough, my favorite subs come from a supermarket chain, Publix (although Jersey Mike’s is a very close second). My sub of choice is chicken salad with lettuce, tomato, black olive, jalapeno, and black pepper (with a touch of celery salt if I eat it at home).

I like Potbelly. They’re kind of like Quizno’s, except more meat, better ingredients, etc. They have one called A Wreck that’s good. It has salami, roast beef, ham and turkey with swiss cheese, toasted. They’re not very big, though.

But like Athena says, theree’s no comparison to a mom & pop shop sub.

One I really like is the Italian Sub at The Italian Store in Arlington.

Of course, the best sub I’ve ever had is a tie between a cheesesteak at Pat’s in Philadelphia (Geno’s fans, I haven’t been back to try them yet, so I’ll stay out of the Pat’s vs. Geno’s thing), and a cuban sandwich I got at a little grocery store in Miami.

It’s not anything like a Philly cheesesteak and doesn’t purport to be, but for what it’s worth, it is a delicious sandwich.

I could live very happily on nothing but subs.

Subway: Chicken Bacon Ranch, with lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber and carrots, on hearty italian or honey oat bread.

Quizno’s: The traditional, on either type of bread, with no onions or olives. Lettuce and tomato.

Publix: An Ultimate sub (ham, turkey, roast beef) with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, salt & pepper.

Mr. Goodcents: Penny Club with cheddar on the “Goldcents” bread or whatever it’s called - it’s how I get my fiber - with lettuce, tomato and mayo. (Sensing a pattern?)

Potbelly: First, a little story. I was in Chicago last Labor Day weekend with Natalie and Michael, and Michael was very cranky after visiting the Shedd Aquarium and the planetarium. We had to walk back to the L. We got there, and we were going to get on, go to our hotel and then get something to eat, but we started going up the wrong stairs. We came back down and Natalie said we should just get something to eat there, so we headed into Potbelly’s. Best decision I ever made. Best sandwich I ever had. I got the roast beef with provelone, I think. I wish they had one in St. Louis.

Jersey Mike’s: Haven’t been to one since I lived in Cincinnati but I used to get the club. Lettuce, tomato and mayo, of course.

And now I’m hungry.