When Come Back Bring PII A Mobile MMP

Hi guys.

I have a terrible bout of tennis elbow (hah- computer elbow is more like it) and can barely type or write.

Limited posting.

hi. ow.

Just switched to AT&T with my new iPhone. makes a note of who to bitch at now

Hi everybody! Rather than start a thread that sinks to the bottom of oblivion, I have returned to triumphantly announce that I have “met the Parents”. **LabRat **and I had dinner with his folks yesterday. He is meeting my Dad this weekend. Plans are being made for Thanksgiving. All relationship cues point to forward progress. :smiley:

I’ve been content with AT&T. I spend a whole $100 a year on them for a pre-paid plan, and even that’s more than I need. I absolutely hate cell phones.

The back is still agonizing. I’d be curled up in a ball, except that position would hurt too much. No response yet from my doctor. Strangely, standing doesn’t hurt much, and walking is OK. It’s sitting that does me in - getting up from a chair is wicked. Laying down is not so great either, and getting out of bed is bad as well. Hopefully my doc will be able to get me in for an MRI, and there’ll be an obvious and treatable thing.

Just when I thought the coincidences couldn’t get any weirder with my class.

Last week on another board I frequent devoted to sveltification surgery, there was a rollicking thread on heart attacks, and the subject for the week in EMT class was cardiac emergencies.

Tonight, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and as soon as I got in the door, I hear some idiot shouting “Call 911! He’s having a seizure!”, and in general being even more panicked than Wilma on Firday. He had some other guy in a shopping cart, much like the mayor’s daughter in Animal House. :dubious:

The guy in the cart was coming out of it. I helped him get out, looked for injury, found none, and helped him walk away from the loudmouth. I asked the guy if he was OK; he couldn’t talk, but could nod yes. We were joined by another guy who ws apparently familiar with the patient, because he confirmed a steady history of grand mal seizures.

Apparently, the loudmouth found the other guy in the men’s room seizing, loaded him in the cart and went looking for someone to call an ambulance. :rolleyes: Most often, if someone has seizures like this, the proper thing to do is let it run it’s course, and make sure they don’t get hurt falling or bumping into stuff.

This week’s topic is neurology. :eek:

Yes, adjusted to fit. Today was the start of the annual ladybug swarm here on the 3acres estate, so I’ve been smashing ladybugs off and on all afternoon. They get all over the house and when just a small percentage get inside, that’s like 2 or 3 dozen. The little buggers bite, too, so you have to hunt 'em down and get them before they get you. There were a bunch of wasps in the swarm, too. I’m guessing they must parasitise the ladybugs. I haven’t seen them do it, but I’ve watched other wasps drag cicadas and caterpillars and the like to their doom. They sting the victim and drag it, paralyzed, into their burrow. Anyway, this ladybug swarm usually last about three days: one down.

taxi78cab, that observatory visit sounds great. I haven’t been to one recently but I saw Saturn at an observatory open house once, and it was great. (I took a date; that wasn’t such a good idea. My last date with her.) I don’t remember what else they showed us that night; seeing the rings is what stuck.

OK…this is more like it…seems lots chattier than last week. Are we coming out of our fall doldrums, or what?

Hi beebs!!! ::waves excitedly:: And welby and 3acres (you get a nickname regardless of how often you post, by the way) and Morgyn and Bumba and Flower and…well, everyone else.

I’m an AT&T customer too, by the way. Pretty much never needed customer service, but now I know I can call and just ask for swampy. Yay! :smiley: Interesting to know about how PII is viewed. I, too, look forward to weird customer tales.

Pizza looks yummy, taxi.

Hope ailing Mumpers are doing well.

Feeling better, LiLi? Sorry the back is doing so poorly, gotti. Hope the elbow gets better quickly, Soapy. Have you looked at voice recognition programs? There are some pretty good ones out there. rosie???

Where’s **MBG **been lately?

Glad you got out earlier, rigs. Seems like you’ve been working lots lately.

Tired. Had soup and a quesadilla and some licorice for dessert. Guess I should do something semi-productive.

Back later.

GT

I’m home. Drama has followed all throughout this day. Hopefully it will leave me alone tomorrow. (Honest, I don’t go seeking it out.) Bad news on the flea market front… It appears that they won’t have any indoor openings until at least the beginning of the year.:rolleyes: By then my business may no longer exist. I need increased business NOW, not in 2 1/2 months.

Oh well. I just need to calm down and do some paperwork.

very bleary eyed tonight - tried to catch up, lost track.
swampy - I am, and for the foreseeable future will be, on Verizon Wireless - so you can’t find me. Nyah.
I am really rather squicked - a cockroach crawled up my cubie wall today. ::shudder::

As it turns out, I too, am an AT&T user. So far, I’ve been pretty happy with their service. I guess I must be, because I actually renewed my contract last spring. We now have our daughter on the plan as well.

Nothing too exciting going on here in Taterland. It’s been raining on and off all day, but it’s supposed to be nice tomorrow.

Wave and hugs to our long no see posters. Hell, waves and hugs to all of you. I’ve got to figure out what I’m making for dinner and then settle down with a book on Lean Six Sigma. I got through about 200 pages last night, but I ended up falling asleep. Yes, it’s that exciting…:rolleyes:

Ta for now.

swampy, if you can handle bill payments (I don’t think so) I could call you in a week or so with mine. It’s not even late! This month. sigh I started with Cingular before they got bought up, and have been just as happy since.

Hellos, hugs, boos, as appropriate.

Show of hands… all those of us who envy Taters getting to read a book on Lean Six Sigma.
::crickets::

Sorry Taters. No support from the mumpers. :smiley:

Men’s night was fun. We had steak (duh!), sallit, steamed asparagus and as an appetizer grilled Polish sausage with beerbrat mustard as a dippin’ sauce. And beer. I’s full!

I have AT&T just cause I had BellSouth/Cingular which became AT&T. However, a number of people employed at the call center have plans other than AT&T. Brand loyalty is, apparently, not a prerequisite to work there.

gotti one of the things I have gleaned from training so far is that AT&T has some pretty dang good prepaid plans. I do use my cellphone (excuse me, Mobile phone) enough that a regular plan is better suited for me. However, if I wanted a prepaid plan, I see AT&T as the way to go from what I’ve learned.

snowbunny the call center I work at does handle bill payments as part of its services but only for the southeast.

Ok… time for beddy bye here.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

ETA: First on two in my own MMP!!! WOOHOO!!!

Unfortunately, AT&T cellular service will not work in my house. I have Alltel and I loooooove it! It’s the best service that I’ve ever had. I hope they don’t get bought out by Verizon.

Speaking of AT&T, two months in a row they have returned my payment for my lines and DSL at the shop. Two months in a row there has been nothing wrong with my payment. This is getting old and I’m going to call tomorrow and complain about it. What’s your number, swampy?:smiley:

Thanks ever so much for your support Swampy and fellow mumpers.:dubious::smiley:

You all know you’re all just extremely jealous. You just know you want to read all about it and how it would work in the service sector and not just the manufacturing sector and about how Lean has pros and cons, as does Six Sigma, and how they have been fused to give us the best of both. Bah…

About all I retained from last night’s reading was Little’s Law and the Pull system. Oh, and that bunch of big companies have adopted it. Yeah, until the next quality management/efficiency system comes along…

Ok, didn’t read (sorry). Hope all are well.

#1 son has decided to go to a school with the following characteristics:

1. Must be as large or larger than current HS.

2. Hawaii and Australia are too far away.
    That narrows it right down.

Eeesh. Why did you guys have to bring up Six Sigma before my bedtime? Now I’m gonna have nightmares.

We get to spend two hours tomorrow reviewing the results of an MSA. Y’all who know what that is probably feel my pain, while anyone who doesn’t know what it is, well… be thankful you don’t.

I’m probably going to have to suffer through a whole lot more of this too, since Big Boss is an engineer with an MBA. Stuff like Six Sigma makes him spooge his pants, because he gets to pretend he can apply empirical measurements to an entirely subjective process (from what I gather, engineers are allergic to subjective things). :rolleyes:

Repeat after me: Six Sigma is intended for manufacturing. It DOES NOT work in more complex environments where there is more than one right answer.

/rant

swampus, minions of Evil get a nice hat upon indoctrination. In case you’re curious. :slight_smile:

Hey, I have AT&T, too! I spend less than $20 a month on my plan. I should probably switch to pre-paid, but I can’t be bothered.

Work has been crazy busy lately, with no signs of letting up until after Thanksgiving. We were supposed to slow down after this Friday, but no such luck. :frowning:

I decided tonight that I was in dire need of bright **pink **and **purple **socks, so I started knitting a pair. Perhaps I’ll manage to make 2 socks this time! For the knitterly, I’m using Ceallach Dyes Sunuvasock on 00 needles and getting a whopping 6 stitches/inch. I have no idea what size needle I would have to use to get sock gauge, piano wire maybe?

Look…it’s Shadow!

Sorry about the flea market delay, Pie. Are there any other nearby opportunities?

I am very awake at 4 in the morning. Why???

GT

:: consults Rusty ::

GT, Rusty says go to bed.

But…but…I’m really really awake!!!

Do we know Rusty?

Rusty is my best friend, and pet Pelican.
Rusty the Pelican.
Yep.