When do you leave you house in the morning and when do you return?

I’m just curious when, on a typical work day, do you leave you house and when do you walk back in the front door? Also, where do you live?

I live in Washington, DC. On a typical work day, we leave the house at about 7.40 am and walk back in the front door at about 7. My wife and I work in the same building so we drive in together.

Leave around 6:45am, back home by 4:45pm. I have an hour(ish) commute each way but my actual office hours are 7:30-3:30.

I leave at about 8:15 in a mad dash because I’m a few minutes late for work again, and return anywhere between 5:20, if I leave work on time and come right home, and 7:00, the absolute latest I feel comfortable leaving my dogs, if I have errands to run or need to grocery shop on the way home.

Also, come and go through the back door, because that is closest to where my parking spot is.

My schedule varies considerably. There are times i leave as early as 6:15 and times it’s as late as 9:00. Most typically, however, I leave around 7:30 a.m. and return between 5 and 6 pm. My office is only five miles from my home, so easy commute.

I live on the West side of Puget Sound (WA state).

Oh, I didn’t mention location. I’m in Chicago suburbia but I commute to and from the exurbs (i.e. corn/soy country) so the usual traffic issues don’t affect me. On the other hand, getting stuck behind some piece of agricultural equipment going 7mph and taking up 1.5 lanes on a two lane road is a lot of fun.

I do not leave you house. I take you house.

Leave at 630A, get back around 700P, give or take 15 minutes.

I leave around 8:30 and walk back in the door around 6. My So leaves around 7:30 and walks back in at 5:30.

I work from home three days a week. The other two days I drive from the Canadian border down to Seattle – 110 miles. On those days I leave the house at 0530 and return around 1830.

Wednesday’s commute wasn’t bad, only 2:15. Recently (and consecutively) my commutes were 3:30 and 3:15 – and last Wednesday it took me 3:30 to get to Ravenna and it would have taken me another hour (at least) to get to the office; so I turned around, drove all the way home, and worked from there.

I live in suburban Chicago, and work in downtown Chicago.

Depending on which train I catch, I’m leaving the house between 7:20 and 7:50am. I usually get home around 6:20pm.

Depart 7:30 am
Return 6:30 pm

About a 10 minute commute, each way.

Leave at 6am, get home at 4:10.

Out around 7:30am, in around 5:30pm. Better than a lot of people but it’s still too much life devoted to work.

I live in almost downtown Austin. I leave at 8:15 and return at 5:30. I can get to work in 15 minutes, but getting home takes 25-30.

I work from home two days a week. The other three days I leave the house at 5:30 and get home around 16:30. My commute is 60 miles each way, 40 miles of rural highway and 20 miles of interstate. If it’s snowy or foggy, I stay home.

Leave at 7:15, get home around 4:30.

Leave at 5:30 and get home around 3:30. This help me miss much of my city’s significant traffic.

I work at home full time these days. In my last job, my commute was ~120 miles each way. I’d leave at about 5:30 AM and get home at about 7:00 PM. I live in Columbia, MO and worked in St. Louis at the time. God, it was miserable. I loved the job, but commute was just nuts.

I’m usually on the road to work by 7:15 or so. Depending on the day, I’m home anywhere between 5:30p or 8p

Monday: Toastmasters meeting at 6:30p. If I get out of work on time, I have just enough time to eat a quick dinner at the house before I leave for the meeting.
Tuesday: Spin class at 6:30p after work. I leave at 5:30p and am usually home shortly before 8p
Wednesday: Same as Tuesday, but I have Body Pump after work
Thursday: Nothing after work. It’s an early bedtime for me because…
Friday: I get up at 4:30a for a 5:30a Body Pump class. I shower and change at the gym and get to work a little early. usually before 8a. Nothing after work.

It depends on work. One night, due to a server failure, I didn’t get home until nearly 11p.

I live in central Florida. My commute is about 25-30 minutes.

I work second shift, so I leave at 2:40 and return about 11:15. Detroit area, with a commute under five miles.