When I want YELLOW mustard, I usually get....

I just buy the no name brand, unless one of the brand names happens to be on sale for a similar price. They’re all pretty much the same.
When I want good yellow mustard I buy Keen’s.

To me, yellow mustards are pretty much fungible. It’s usually French’s because sometime around one of the summer holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day), we’ll run out, and they’ll always have French’s on sale with an absurd discount.

If I actually have to buy it in say…February, I actually prefer Heinz and Plochman’s to French’s, but not enough to buy them at full price over sale-price French’s. We mainly use it on hot dogs, in recipes that call for it, and occasionally on sandwiches (my wife prefers it to brown and dijon mustards for that purpose).

Yeah, they definitely have a tumeric-ness to them, which is what sets them apart from other mustards and why, if I’m reaching for yellow mustard, I’m reaching for that instead of one of my favorite everyday Polish-style mustards, (like Plochman’s Kosciuszko mustard).

I picked “something else”, since, as mentioned above, yellow mustard is one of those things in life that you don’t need to be picky with.

Ketchup, different story.

Just the generic supermarket brand. I can’t taste the difference, frankly.

Mustard Girl!

Great stuff, I buy it at the Mustard Museum in Mount Horeb whenever I’m passing through.

I don’t use a lot of yellow mustard, so I usually buy the store brand, or French’s. Lately my condiment of choice has been Boar’s Head Chipotle Mayonnaise.

They actually moved the Mustard Museum a few years back. It’s in Middleton, just west of Lake Mendota now. I’m not sure when that happened, but I want to say around five years ago.

Beaver’s.

I would never buy any brand of plain yellow mustard, because anything that yellow mustard is good for, brown mustard is better.

Pity. “Middleton” doesn’t sing like “Mount Horeb” does.

And over here, we tend toward the sentiment: “Americans are weird about food. They mix savoury and sweet stuff together, like crazy.” De gustibus…

There’s a wiener joke there, but I’m gonna leave it be.

Probably one involving “bun-sized” wieners.

I would never buy yellow mustard, but I love Beaver’s and if they make a yellow, I’d try it.

Whatever’s on sale.

Can’t think of any occasion when I specifically wanted *yellow *mustard. Maybe if I was being attacked by a Green Lantern…

Native New Yorker here, but I’ve never liked ketchup, and always put mustard on beef (back when I ate beef). Once, when I was just out of college, I went to a barbecue at a friend’s home. One of his little cousins saw me putting mustard on my cheeseburger, so she did the same. Her mother took it away from her, and explained that ketchup goes on burgers and mustard goes on hot dogs. The little girl pointed to me and said, “He put mustard on his burger.” Her mother turned to me and yelled, “Why are you teaching my kids to do stupid things?”

Really? Sure doesn’t seem like 5 years, but time is tricky with me. That’s too bad, now I guess I’ll have to just hit The Grumpy Troll on my drives through. Please don’t tell me The Troll is closed!

That is a great story! That mom had balls!

We were there last year, and it was still open. It doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere anytime soon.