Where can I find additional animation sounds for PowerPoint™?

I’m working on a PowerPoint presentation and I want to add some animation sounds to it, but the sounds that came with the program are pretty limited.

Is there a site where you can get more? I’d particularly like to get the opening bars of “Rule Britannia” and “The Maple Leaf Forever.”

I’ll be watching this thread with interest. I’ve always wanted to conclude my presentations with a few bars of “Smack My Bitch Up”.

I think you can put in any .WAV file you want. Maybe MP3, too.

Make sure to use different transitions (set it to random) each time between slides, to keep some from losing interest. And having your text come zooming in is like a PowerPointParty!

Sigh. I know you’re trying to help, and I really appreciate it, but you have to realise that you’re dealing with a techno-peasant.

Any suggestions for where I can find .wav files? and once I’ve got them, how would I install them on powerpoint?

(And what exactly is a .wav file, anyway? I know they have better sound usually than a .midi file, but that sort of exhausts my knowledge on the subject.)

It is never a good idea to include sounds, gimmicky text tricks, or animations in your power point presentations.

That said, if you really feel you must… sigh

Under the Insert menu you’ll find the menu items to insert sound from a file. Typically, these will be .wav files. You simply browse to the location of the saved file, select it, and click OK.

You can go to Microsoft.com to download additional sound packs for Microsoft Office. You can go to Google.com and search for “.wav” and find a TON of sites that have downloadable files.

Really though, unless this is a for “fun” presentation for family viewing, or maybe for a college course where creative is the focus vs. business or speaking skills, it is a very bad idea to put this kind of thing in your presentations. Generally speaking, it is not received well outside of those situations.

MeanJoe