Where can I get thick, easy to stick but still easy to pull apart velcro

The visor on my car keeps slipping down. I want to use velcro to hold it up, but the problem is the velcro strips I bought are extremely thin, but also require a lot of pressure to lock together. Technically I bought the wrong kind, I bought the kind for handing pictures because that is the only one I saw with an adhesive backing.

Since the visor and the root are not perfectly in contact with each other, my current solution doesn’t work. I can’t get the two strips to lock together.

I’m hoping there is some kind of thick velcro that attaches easily, that way I can use that to hold my visor up while still being able to pull it down when needed, then lock it back up again.

Does anyone make a product like that? Or is there some kind of ‘in between’ velcro I can use between the two strips to make the two velcro strips connect with each other?

I tried using these things, but they aren’t working.

Is there a different kind of velcro (thicker and stickier) that also has an adhesive backing I can use instead, or is there some kind of velcro I can put in between the two strips of the item above to make it stick better?

A hardware store?

Any particular kind or brand? I went and all I saw were those picture hanging strips which do not work for my purpose.

Check out McMaster-Carr.

Velcro is actually a company name like Kleenex. If you search Amazon for “adhesive hook and loop” you’ll find LOTS of options.

This one might do ya - it’s indoor/outdoor and will stick to brick even. Happens to be made by Velcro :slight_smile:

You may not be asking the right question. The correct question is “how do I keep the visor on my car from slipping down” Why kind of car do you have?

Do some Youtube searches, “loose car visor”, whatever
For example here is one solution using zip ties:

Another using a small piece of velcro–but not the way you are apparently doing it:

[quote=“PastTense, post:6, topic:821112”]

You may not be asking the right question. The correct question is “how do I keep the visor on my car from slipping down” Why kind of car do you have?

Another using a small piece of velcro–but not the way you are apparently doing it:
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that. I have the same make and model car as that guy in the video. Apparently this is a design flaw in the Hyundai sonata.

I will try the zip tie solution and see if it works.

Fabric stores sell good Velcro.

It’s used on sewing projects.

[quote=“PastTense, post:6, topic:821112”]

[/QUOTE]

I tried this and it didn’t work. Which was disappointing.

I did figure out a way to rig the visor though. I put those command picture strips on the visor (one on the visor, one on the light above the visor.

And then I bought this 12 pack of velcro hook and loop fasteners from lowes. I stuck two of the loop fasteners back to back, and then put that double sided loop fastener in between the two command strips. Doing that seems to be doing the job of keeping my visor up.

I’m surprised it was this hard to solve something like this.

I recall back in the day my ole pappy tightening a screw near the pivot of the visor to keep it flush to the ceiling. I haven’t looked for a few decades to see if that is even an option anymore.

Harbor Freight sells heavy velcro. Sticky back ain’t gonna work when the car interior gets really hot. I am afraid.