Where did everyone go?

Aaack! I stop reading the board for a month or two or three and when I return, I see no familiar names! Has the board completely converted to a new generation, or is there anyone out there who remembers who I am?

peace out.
Maitland

Shit howdy! Do I remember you… no. I don’t. Do you know me? No? Well, then, hey (flinging out her hand) I’m Byzantine and I’m a poster!

Please allow me to introduce myself.

I’m a man of wealth and taste…

Pleased to meet you! Hope you get my name…

Yer pal,
Satan

Mait! How’s college n stuff? I’m not recognizing many names, either. Of course, that’s probably because I haven’t been here since, um, a month or so after it opened…

Nice to meet you Mait and Lanna

I’m still here. Michi4 from the old board and at the SDMB NG.

“Love given when it is inconvenient is the greatest love of all. Kindnesses that are shared at a high cost to oneself are the most dear.”

Don’t know who said it, but I like it.

Howdy! I have no idea who ya are, but how ya doin? Hang out in MPSIMS long enough, and you’ll see me, even if you don’t want too! :slight_smile:

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

While I’m here, has anyone seen WallyM7?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Hi Mait and Lanna, it’s me, Kitten8808 from the old board. There are a few of us oldies still around.

>^,^<
KITTEN
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Progress is change :slight_smile:

What goes around comes around.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

There was an old man from Nantucket…
I’m sorry, what were we talking about…?

“Well, roll me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes!”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

Satan said:

You wouldn’t be looking for sympathy, would you? :wink:

the old names are still here; I see them now again. I don’t post that often so I never assume anyone knows my name but since my internet access was killed over the summer (my parents moving killed our access to a cable modem, and the new house had phone lines crossed with someone else. . .) I couldn’t even lurk for several months :frowning:

when I got back to college, my internet was back. . . and the names changed here.

But here’s the thing: I have absolutely no idea as to how to become a recognizable name here. There are so many posts, so many forums. . . to actually be able to post enough to be a recognizable name seems to require more hours of attention than are in the day. . . alladvantage must love these people :slight_smile:

Seriously; even on days when I have no classes, I can’t get through even MPSIMS or GQ (whichever mood I’m in); and I do speedreading drills for policy debate!

How do you all do it?

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

Hello, Maitland. There’s still a few of us old dogs by the fireplace.

I’m still here.

Phew! I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and lost for a moment there. Kinda like when you walk into the wrong class. Not as though I have any experience with that sort of thing . . .

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all, and nice to see some familiar SNs. I have a feeling that I will probably not register as a reg to those of you who are newer than I because I’m so busy now with college that I think I’ll hardly have time to post. But, in my prime, back in the day, I would post quite often. hobbles over to rocker by fireplace Yes, when I was your age . . .

Love,
Calculus Girl - able to perform mathematical functions at the push of a button!

Welcome back, Mait! I guess I must have started after you left, because I dont’ remember you. Still, it’s nice to have another Kentuckian around.

“I’m not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I don’t have any faults.”

Omigod! Mait’s in college! Hey, you GO, girl!

::looks around for cane again::

-Melin

Hey, Melin, you’d better look around for that branding iron too . . . I always managed to elude the infamous reg brander before :wink:

You didn’t know I was in college? I’m rather surprised because I bragged all about it because I’m going to MIT. (Yeah, I rock, I know.) But thanks for not remembering anyway because it gave me a chance to brag about it to all of the people who didn’t see it before. :wink: again!

peace out.
-M

heheh satan,
i dont know how many people here have sympathy for the devil :slight_smile:

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

There is quite a turnover, even in 30 days. Get used to it. Also, if you are gone 30 days, or even 2 weeks, it takes an effort to jump in the pool again.