Which do you take off first?

Just so I can leave my hat on.

Mask lives in the car which is in the attached garage. Shoes stay on my feet until bedtime. So coat.

I take off my shoes at the door. Then i take a few more steps and remove my coat. Then i wash my hands. Then i go up to the bedroom to remove the mask, and wash my hands again.

Then I may take things out of pockets, change clothes, etc.

I need to wear glasses for most everything. So I’ve had to learn how to use a mask with glasses.

Can you spill the beans on the trick because buggered if I can nut it out?
Middle of summer here and any time the ambiant drops below blood temp I fog my specs up. At this rate I’ll need a cane in the winter.

Mask needs to be snug against the face at the top. I usually tuck it under my glasses.

I also inserted a thin aluminum wire in the top seam of my cloth masks so i could fit them like a surgical mask. I happened to have a box of thin aluminum wires knocking around the house (purchased years ago to tie aluminum name tags into trees) but i used twisties before i found them, and I’ve seen ads on Amazon for a thin metal strip designed for this purpose.

If you mean an anti-infection mask such as are all the rage these days, it’s after the coat, because coats are bulky and interfere with movement more than masks do.

If, on the other hand, you mean the balaclava I wear for warmth in the winter underneath my bike helmet, that comes off right after the helmet itself, because the place where both go is right next to the door.

I do that too, but I still have trouble sometimes with my glasses fogging.

It isn’t nearly as much as it used to be when COVID first hit; I’ve learned a couple tricks that help significantly. I’ve tried various types of masks, but I’ve never found any that work really well for me.

I always take my shoes off first (at the door when I get inside). Mask is always taken off in the car.

Then I put my keys on my computer desk, and then take off my coat. Then empty the rest of my pockets.

Then change into my sweats and bathrobe.

I take the mask off first thing when I get into the car, if I was even wearing it then – half of my driving is to go out hiking, which mostly requires having the mask handy in case I meet other people on the trail. I learned to put on my mask first when starting the hike, then my hat with the pocket in the top for the bluetooth GPS that keeps the government from controlling my mind, then the chin straps from the hat. Then I take the mask off one ear and let it dangle (captive by the hat chin straps), where I can quickly grab the ear loop to pull it back on as soon as I see other people.

I have a big squirt bottle of 91% isopropanol in the drink holder between the seats so I can sterilize my hands first thing when I enter the car. If we have been grocery shopping, it’s not until I’ve done that that the mask comes off.

But I don’t think I’ve ever worn a mask up to the front door unless somebody from a different household is with me, in which case it stays on as long as they’re here.

Truth be told, i wear glass glasses, and without a mask, they often fog up when i walk indoors out of the cold, and sometimes, in hot humid places, when i walk outdoors, out of the AC. If it’s very cold out and i stand in one place and my breath puddles up, i can get a little fogging. I’ve never had it happen while I’m walking, nor indoors (including in my car).

The mask I’ve been wearing for walking around the neighborhood is actually a Starks mask. It doesn’t have a wire, but has a thin bit of cloth that covers my nose. I tuck that under my glasses. I find them extremely comfortable, and they do a good job of keeping my glasses clear. I’ve come home from a brisk walk with condensation beaded on my cheeks by clear glasses.

Thought of this after walking the dog. No mask, since outside and no contact. I generally stand on mat just inside front door, w/ entry closet open. Gloves first - into coat pockets. Then hat on shelf. Then coat hung up. Finally shoes, which either stay on the mat to drip or into closet.

I doubt I wear a mask even once a week, just because my wife does nearly all of our shopping, and I don’t go anywhere else inside or in close contact w/ others.

Shoes first. I guess that goes without saying, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to wear your glasses far down the nose, like a librarian from the 1950’s. You’ll look dorky but they won’t fog up. If they feel like they might fall off, get one of those strips that attach to the earpieces and go behind your neck (search for “eyewear retainer” - I use a Croakies.)

I’ve tried all the other advice (making sure mask wire is snug, wearing mask higher, three different types of masks, tissue stuck inside the mask, paper towel folded up along top of mask, soaping up the eyeglass lenses before going out, an antifog liquid) - and none of them worked. My only regret is I didn’t discover the eyeglasses down the nose trick until November.

Oh, good point. I don’t notice that because i have progressive lenses, and mine are rigged so that when they are tucked all the way up my nose, they give me middle distance vision, comfortable for the computer. And i have to let them slip down a little to get far distance, which of course i prefer for driving, navigating the supermarket, etc. But i also need to position them a little down the nose to securely cover the top of the mask.

Doesn’t work with multifocals. Way too hard to focus properly through them when they’re lower and further away than they ought to be.

– I said ‘mask’ on the poll, but the mask’s already off before I get to the door, my house being hundreds of feet from anybody else; if it didn’t get worn much on that trip, I left it in the car, and if I’m taking it in to wash it it’ll be in my hand or pocket. I don’t usually wear it in the car unless somebody else has just been in there or unless I’m making only a short trip between stops, though if it’s that short I usually leave the car parked somewhere central and walk it. (With the mask on, as that’d be in town. Probably with something handy to wipe my glasses off with.)

Coat comes off next. Shoes stay on at least until I’ve brought in purchases and as applicable checked the mail, the rain gauge, brought in firewood, whatever. If I didn’t have full scale boots on they may just stay on until bedtime; my floors can be cold and/or splintery. If I had boots on or (unlikely) dress shoes they’ll eventually get switched for something lighter/more comfortable.

I’m another mask come off in the car person. Usually the mask comes off right after using the hand sanitizer that lives in the console of the car. I’ve got some nice masks with a neck lanyard so if I’m making multiple stops, it’ll hang from my neck.

When I open the door, it’s:
keys on hook
switch shoes to slippers
hang up coat
open doggie door

Shoes, I’m not wearing a mask by the time I get to my front door.

Mask comes off right after I exit the store, unless I don’t have a hand free; In that case I deposit what I’m carrying in the car and then remove the mask before I get in. Mask-wearing hasn’t become a habit, so if I took it into the house I’d probably forget to take it with me next time I went to the store. (As it is, half the time I have to go back to the car to get it.)

Shoes come off right after I get into the house, unless I have to go back out to the car for another load. I seldom wear them more than two or three steps past the door.

^^I’m the same way. Mask comes off when I exit the store, or once I get in the car. Then I put it under the sun visor.