Which of the Close Combat Series should I get next?

Awhile back I played *Close Combat 2 A Bridge Too Far * and really enjoyed it, I’ve had a squad level tactical itch that needs to be scratched, but it looks like there are 9 to chose from.

My rig runs Vista and it’s 64 bit so I’m concerned some of the older ones won’t work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Invasion Normandy is the newest one I know of and was a very fun game. It’s been a long time but I don’t think I liked the second one too much. It was overkill on the tank action. My biggest gripe about Invasion Normandy is that artillary pieces are about worthless. They get mortared about 30 seconds into the match. If there are a lot of users on this board that play we should setup matches.

Close Combat Cross of Iron is a rerealease of Close Combat III Russian Front, and is definitely the one I’d recommend, both because it’s released and therefore works on newer systems, and because of the scope of the entire Eastern Front from 41-45. You really get a feel for the evolution of the various infantry weapons, afv’s and various support weaponry. The supply system is also by far the best, giving you a historical balance of forces as the war progresses.