Which of these highly rated events did you see?

The record for most watched program doesn’t include events like the moon landing/JFK’s funeral/9/11 coverage since those were on multiple channels. I didn’t list them either because I assumed those had universal viewership.

Only M [sub][/sub] A [sub][/sub] S [sub]*[/sub] H.

All of the last four. I didn’t really watch Dallas much (I was 15 when the “Who Shot J.R.” storyline was going on), but I did watch the “reveal” episode out of curiosity. I missed the first 15 minutes of the last episode of MASH*, as I was driving home from work that evening (I was working at my dad’s hardware store…ironically, it was the very last night that the store was open; we closed it due to the recession of the early 80s, from which the store never really recovered).

Watched the Apollo 11 landing, too – I was four at the time, but absolutely fascinated by the space program.

My sister and I saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan, and squealed appropriately.

I was *in *a show the night Gone with the Wind premiered on TV, and our damn theater was empty–was asked the dozen or so people to just come up to the front row, and played to them. One of our best shows, actually!

I was in Korea at the time so it was hard not to watch MASH. I also watched the whole Roots saga, but nothing else on the list.

You really should have added a “none” option.

I was born in 1974 and have never lived in the US. Kind of narrows my options.

I definitely saw the last 4, and I definitely did NOT see the finale of The Fugitive.

I’m just not sure about the Beatles. I was 3 years old when they first appeared… and I definitely remember my parents letting me stay up later one night to see the Beatles play on ***The Ed Sullivan Show. ***

But I was so young, I really don’t remember what song(s) they played, and can’t be sure if it was their FIRST appearance or a subsequent appearance.

What I do remember clearly is that I thought they were terrible, and since I’d already seen Topo Gigio (the only thing I liked on*** Ed Sullivan ***at the time), I went to bed.

It’s embarrassing to admit, given what a BEatles fan I became years later!

I went to England with my parents the summer after J.R. was shot and before his killer was revealed, and everyone there wanted to know about the story. The show was very big in the UK.

And of course my brother and I watched the last episode of MASH, as we’d been watching the show for years.

I don’t remember if I saw the last episode of Roots, but we did watch most of the miniseries. ABC had several epic miniseries in the 1970s and we watched most of them. And I read the book Roots in school. I think there was even an assignment to trace our family trees, as the book and miniseries triggered a great interest in genealogy.

All except the first two. Though it may have been slightly possible that I “watched” the last episode of The Fugitive as I was 5 months old at the time…

A couple other highly rated events are the O.J. verdict and Luke and Laura’s wedding on General Hospital.

I didn’t check The Beatles choice because I’m honestly not sure. I know that my family watched Ed Sullivan regularly so odds are that I did see it, but I don’t remember it.

I was pretty young in '64 and if I liked anything on Sullivan it was things like puppets, acrobats, and magicians. At that age I found music performances on TV to be boring, and of course I had no idea that the performance would become historic.

I probably sat through it whining that I was bored and then promptly forgot about it. :smack:

God knows what my parents must have thought of it.

I did see Roots, Dallas, and Mash.

Apollo 11 probably belongs on that list, and maybe Apollo 13.

Right, or the wedding of Charles/Diana or William/Kate.

Saw the Beatles. Listened to my father complain about their long hair. Didn’t watch The Fugitive and saw GWtW in the theater so didn’t bother watching it on TV. Don’t like the movie anyway. Saw all the rest.

None of them but the Beatles was worth the hype. I had already figured out who shot J.R. and MASH was pathetic when it finally creaked to an end.

Saw all but the last half hour of the MAS*H finale when it originally aired because Mom made me go to sleep. It was, after all, past my bedtime on a school night.

I saw only the last two, assuming that you’re not counting reruns or DVDs. If you are, then I also saw the first two. I’m old enough to have seen them all when they first aired, but wasn’t interested at the time.

Voted Roots and MASH. Beatles I have seen post hoc a bajillion times. Never saw the Fugitive, don’t think I ever saw an episode even though I would be interested. Dallas and GWTW I just couldnt care less.

I did see the Beatles on Sullivan in 1964, but I don’t know if I saw the very first one. I only paid attention to it because my father wanted me to, apparently figuring that it was something that “the kids” enjoyed. I was seven, and like BobLibDem, more of a Topo Gigio man at the time. Keess me goodnight, Eddie?

The only other thing on that list that I watched was the MASH* finale.

I saw the last three. I didn’t care much for Gone With the Wind or the Fugitive. I was seven in '64, and although I was aware of the Beatles and had heard some of their songs, I didn’t get into them until later. I did eventually get the DVD set with their Sullivan appearances.

None of them.