Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!! Shooting at the Holocaust Museum

Hmm, it looks like his Wiki entry has been modified in the last hour to something a tad more flattering and a lot more crazy. Before it gets changed again: Apparently he was convicted by a “kangaroo court” in 1981 for trying to perform a citizen’s arrest on the Federal Resrve Board of Governors. The sentence was affirmed by a “racially motivated” appeals court.

Doesn’t sound like he’ll be carrying it around much longer, but I did wonder if his health was poor and he decided to go out with a blaze of angry violent old man glory. (If so, too bad he didn’t get sicker faster.) The guy’s Web page says he did 6 years in jail for trying to put a citizen’s arrest on the federal reserve or something, so this guy was very experienced at being a bigoted fucking loon.

Unfortunately it doesn’t sound good for the security guard.

Clearly, his motivation for the attack was… wait, to get his Wiki entry fixed?

What can I say… that’s what the security guards were there for. They did their job, and they did it well. My prayers are with them.

And now the Wiki entry is just blank.

That’s not his wiki entry…that’s his wiki user page.

WIN!

I just clicked on EJsGirl’s link and didn’t notice. Either way, as Der Trihs pointed out, it’s blank now.

If you check the history of von Brunn’s wiki User page, it looks like he (or someone using his name) created it one month ago with the following text:

It went unchanged until today.

There is already a Wiki page on the shooting here.

Mine too. Awful stuff.

Only in meetings with anti-Semitic scum.

Good this did not escalate into something worse, but I do hate it when the Media puts on the same story for hours. Days sometimes, it gets real boring, real soon.

Thankfully this did not end up being too bad, but move on…

Here’s some links to more info on Brunn complied by Muckraker. Seems to be a real freakazoid who uses the word “Whitemen”.

As to the alleged shooter’s age - 88 is a number with significance among white supremacists/neo-Nazis (apparently a code for Heil Hitler, H being the 8th letter of the alphabet). So if he wanted to make a statement…
Seeing that this guy was apparently a decorated WWII veteran, it’s bewildering to contemplate that he became the sort of person he originally went to war to defeat.

I would try this at our department meetings, but I think it would take more than a few Mexican dinners to break up one of those suckers.

I work a few blocks from there…cops everywhere, as you might expect…

I think we need to step up the research on that Nutbag About To Break Bad Dectector.

My run-of-the-mill neighborhood temple has armed guards. How many Christian churchs feel like they need that sort of security?

“International bankers”? Nice to know these folks just aren’t capable of changing their codewords when they become well-known to the general public.

Sombebody seems to like dashes. A-lot.

Also note the possibly-Jewish middle-name of the sentencing-judge. That must’ve left him ticked-off.

We were there a year ago. There are things like special revolving doors that are designed to keep the building from being rushed by the Hatin’ Bastids. Or so I’m told. It is widely understood that this place would be a target.

I wish I could say I enjoyed my visit. There is an AWFUL lot to absorb, and too many pushing crowds to do it justice. It needs to be twice as big and open 24/7.