White Christmas?

With a big storm last weekend in the Eastern U.S. and another one now in the Rockies and plains states, it looks like a good percentage of the U.S. and Europe as well will be having a white Christmas.

Here in Colorado, almost all the snow from an 8" snowfall about two weeks ago had melted, but we have about 5" from the current storm with another 3-6" possible tonight this afternoon and tonight. So yes for me, although that is not unusual for here.

We don’t get much snow in Tampa. Christmas day temps this year should be in the 70s.

Jeez, I’m just hoping temperatures don’t get up in the eighties.

Yep. Usually a white Halloween and Always a white May day too. Long winters here.

I think I remember one green Christmas. Maybe.

its 70 degrees and sunny right now…which is, admittedly, not normal but then again it’s not terribly unusual around here either. When I was a kid and got a bicycle for Christmas I remember riding it around in shorts.

The forecast for Christmas Day is sunny, high of 54. Lows in the 30s.

I’ve only seen snow once. When I was 5.

Last year we got hammered with snow. And, as I recall ranting, someone stole the wiper arm off of my Jeep on Christmas Eve – just before I was to leave on a 500-mile trip to my ex-fiancée’s place, which would have been impossible in the Prius. But normally the snow holds off until January. Looks like we’ll be snow-free this week, with the 10-day forecast showing snow on the 31st and 1st. Friday we’re expecting a rather balmy high of 44ºF and mostly-cloudy skies.

In the 10 years we’ve lived in this part of Ohio, we’ve always had about a 50-50 chance of a white Christmas. We’ve had some gorgeous ones in past years. We got about an inch of snow from the edge of the storm that walloped the East Coast and it’s still on the ground, but it’s supposed to be in the low 40s and raining on Christmas day. Bleh.

You know I don’t think it ever occurred to me that having snow on the ground was enough to make it a white Christmas. I guess because once it’s on the ground for a few days it’s so dirty and disgusting. I always thought a white Christmas meant it snowed that day. Last time that happened was 2003 when we got stuck at my grandmother’s and had no electricity for 4 days.

We have evidently a huge snowstorm on the way. It is supposed to start tomorrow evening and continue on through Christmas with as much as a foot and a half of snow.

I’m in Minnesota, so it’s normal for it to be white all winter. The 18+ inches of snow that is being predicted for us between now and Saturday, however, is pretty unusual, at least on Christmas. I can’t remember ever not being able to spend the holiday with my family, but it seems this year my husband and I will be snowed in at home. :frowning:

I’m in Southern California. Snow is that white stuff we drive 2 hours to the mountains to play in after visiting the beach.

I think we have had one white x-mas since I moved her 20 yrs ago. So no white xmas in SE Missouri.

Growing up in the NE, I remember waking up to about 20 inches of snow on xmas morning when I was in high school. Geez, I worked all day clearing out snow.

The forecast for tomorrow is 25C. I don’t think “miracle” would be too strong a word…

Orlando weather forecast for December 25:

50% chance of rain
Chance of thunderstorms
High 77 °F Low 55 °F

I have no idea. We have snow cover. It just started to snow, but for the next three days it will alternate between snow, sleet and rain. I’m not sure we will have a Christmas get together at this point. We may not have power.

We had about three hours of snow across the Houston area earlier this month. If it’s in the same month as Christmas, that’s close enough for me.

FTR, I put ‘no, normal’ for my poll response.

We’ve gotten 13.5" of snow this month and most of it’s still with us so unless it gets really warm tomorrow, I think it’ll be here Friday.

Sounds like we in the DC area will see our snow topped with ice. I’ve been here 21 years and don’t recall ever having snow on the ground for Christmas.

I’ll never get a white Christmas in Phoenix. Still, looks like it will again be cold (for Phoenix) and rainy. I’ll be in Las Vegas for Christmas, so it will be colder, but no chance at all for snow.