White guilt on the SDMB - PC explosion reigns supreme

God-damn-it!

In This thread , the OP asks a legitimate question about black people. **Of course **they’re referring to african americans as a generalized group, as the FUCKING QUESTION CONCERNS A TREND AMONG THAT GROUP RATHER THAN ISOLATED INCIDENTS.

But NOOOOOO…we can’t have that on the SDMB! The first FORTY FUCKING REPLIES trip over themselves, all but knocking themselves over explaining “Black people don’t have some ‘hive mind!’” and “how dare you even insinuate that there might be commonalities among an enormous cultural group?”

a;jklsdfasdjlkfj;asjkl;df;asdfjklasdjfjkl;asdflasdjklfasdl;f;asdfasjlfjl;asdfj;asdjkl;fdjkl;fklasfjl;as

This white guilt, fucking PC, baby-adult-baby MONKEY SHIT is like watching the Tuskegee Experiments in action! It’s a bigger form of racism than that which they decry!! :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

Hey look. You accidentally made the Jewish smiley.

There’s a reason that happened.

What do the Jews think about that?
Daniel

Was it about the dancing? Because black people really can dance better than white people. Except Deney Terrio, of course.

Um, okay, I read the first 25 replies & only 2 of them were the least bit PC-self-conscious. And they weren’t terribly so.

Oy.

Thoroughly debunked by Dave Chapelle. You just have to play the right kind of music. White people only respond to electric guitar riffs.

If you never saw that episode, it was absolutely hilarious.

Freejooky, I have to ask: are you nuts? Because it seemed to me that pretty much all the responses in that thread were answering the OP’s question mildly and rationally. Some people did point out (quite understandably) that no one answer could speak for all black people, but where’s the “PC explosion” and “white guilt” that you’re freaking out about? (And anyway, several of the thread respondents were black.)

The only reason some respondents ended up stressing the “there’s no single answer” theme was because the OP was insisting on a single answer to a much-too-general question. I don’t know how you got from that to a multi-slap meltdown about PC and racism. Unless you are nuts, in which case, okay then.

I read through the entire thread, and didn’t see a single unreasonable, or even snipey reply to the OP in the lot. Sure, they clarified that it’s pretty hard to generalize about what a particular group likes or dislikes, but most of the posters followed up with their opinions on what the preferences are. I’ve seen threads go down much much harder over generalizations; this one seems pretty even-keeled to me.

From this I take it you won’t be offended if I ask you a question regarding a trend among your own generalized group? It’s not particularly PC, but it’s something I’ve been wondering about. OK, here goes: why do stupid people always start such lame-ass threads?

Gotta agree. I didn’t see any PC crap in that thread.

Holy shit. It’s funny because it’s true. I need to do a better job of catching that show.

/hijack

Can anyone explain why my sister’s always saying “Spaghetti! Spaghetti! Spaghetti!”?

/hijack

I believe I speak for all liberals when I say this.

They are also universally better athletes than whites, have bigger penises, like fried chicken and collard greens, and all shave their heads. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, at the risk of having this thread sent to IMHO as a poll, can we have a good count of the errors found in the OP?

Misunderstood the reaction of every single response to the thread in question.

Misattributed the responses to an idea that Freejooky appears to have imagined in despite of the evidence.

Accuses rational responses from people of multiple ethnic backgrounds of being “white guilt.”

Seriously abuses those stupid smiley things (providing further evidence that they sould be banned).

Is so overcome by his or her own incompetence to understand the typed word that s/he resorts to first level typing drills (which would appear to be the typist’s equivalent of flipping ones fingers across the lips and going “b-b-b-b-b-b-b”).

(Is Freejooky related to Razorback or whatever that other poster calls itself?)

She was not referring to African-Americans as a generalized group. She explained herself that she is in the UK, and was asking the question based on what she’d seen of black people there. It certainly seemed that she was speaking about all black people globally as a generalized group, and other posters quite rightly (and, it seems to me, pretty politely) pointed out that it’s impossible to make generalizations about such a huge group of people while still offering their opinions on the OP’s question.

Did you read the thread at all before deciding to rant about it?

I’m the first person who replied to the thread in question and I’m…get ready for it…black.

See if I ever give you wardrobe advice again, buddy.

Or look better with shaved heads. Jesus, would those “edgy” white boys PLEASE grow their hair out? I don’t want to see their lumpy and freckled scalps, thank you very much.

*snort
Heh.

Stupid, stupid OP.