Who are our current "Abe Vigodas"? (people you might be surprised to learn are still alive)

Good one. She was probably 39 while filming Popeye.

That is a movie where most of its cast is dead, too…wait…there is another!

Paul Dooley, who played Wimpy, is alive still and is 98!

Also Dennis Franz, Geoff Hoyle, Linda Hunt, Bill Irwin, Allan Nicholls, Donovan Scott, and Klaus Voormann.

Roman Polanski turns 93 today.

I was never confused if he was still alive or not, though.

Update: RIP.

Actress, author and believer in reincarnation Shirley MacLaine is still living her current life at age 92.

I’ll cheat just a bit here to point out something slightly different.

Kurt Loder, the MTV news host. Yes, he’s alive.

He’s 81.

Wow, he was older than we realized back in the 1990s.

For some reason I thought about Ben Stein this morning, and assumed he was no longer with us. I was surprised to learn that he was only 41 when he gave the world “Bueller? Bueller?”

He’s 81 now, alive and occasionally still working.

Shelley Fabares is yet another person I didn’t realize was still alive until I saw that she had died.

“Some guys are old men when they’re kids.” George Carlin

It’s true, though. Some people just weren’t young like the rest of us.

Ron Carter, a double bass player, is 89. He played on 2,221 recording sessions, which makes him the most-recorded jazz bassist in history. He also played the cello. I don’t know if he fits into this thread. He was interviewed on television today.

Children’s book author and illustrator Aliki Brandenberg (usually credited as just “Aliki”) is 96.

Barbara Eden turned 95 yesterday (Sunday)!

Geoffrey Horne is the last living cast member from The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957). He is 93.

Dominic Chianese, who played Corrado “Uncle Junior” Soprano on The Sopranos, has just started a podcast, reminding me that he’s still with us at 95 years old.

I’ve just heard that ‘Sam the Sham’ (Wooly Bully) is still alive at 89.

94-year-old John Williams made a surprise appearance at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend, and conducted his Imperial March:

While scrolling through sitcoms in syndication this morning, I stopped on an episode of Roseanne, and it featured Estelle Parsons as her mother.

Estelle Parsons turns 100 in November.

Form CNN commentator, the ever-winsome Jack Cafferty is still alive at 83. I could have sworn he had died some years ago, but, nope, it was his wife.

This news headline alerted me to the fact that former poet laureate Robert Pinsky is still with us at 85.