Who Did You Snub At Your Wedding?

We only invited parents, my husband’s sister, and two friends (and spouses/SOs) each so we snubbed the rest of the extended family. I have no idea if his aunts care, but one of mine wasn’t too happy… that is until her son eloped to Mexico without any family at all. Then I didn’t look so bad. :wink:

Everybody. We got married in a private civil ceremony. No reception.

Didn’t snub anybody. We invited everyone we cared about and there wasn’t any family we wanted left out. The only ones not there were those for whom it was too far to come.

Nobody. I lot of people we invited couldn’t come, because they lived far away – on the other side of the continent, or even overseas in some cases.

We kind of expected that, but in any case because of the large number of regrets from out-of-town guests we had room at the reception to invite everyone we wanted.

Nearly all our relatives. We had only 25 people, and we wanted most of them to be our friends. We invited my parents and brother, my wife’s parents and the aunt who lived with them since my wife was a baby, and no one else. We got married in Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, and one of my aunts was actually in the square then. Still, if we invited one we had to invite them all, and my wife liked her aunts, uncles and cousins even less than I liked mine.

The paparazzi.

Nobody. We eloped.

First wedding - nobody, we invited anyone who might want to attend. It was still a fairly small wedding, held at his sister’s house. For fun we had a '57 Chevy model as the topper for the cake.

Second wedding - nobody, again we invited everyone. Medium-sized wedding held at an Episcopal church.

Third wedding - face it, by this time nobody cares! :stuck_out_tongue: So we got married at the judge’s house, no guests. Nobody but the three of us.

What? You didn’t invite your sister? Or the uncle and cousin? Or all of them?

Pretty much everyone, except my wife’s brother and stepmother, who were witnesses. We’d already been together for 7 years and had two daughters (both of whom were there - 2 months, and 2 1/2 years at the time), so we got hitched by a good ol’ fashioned Justice o’ the Peace at the Washington County courthouse. Mainly for the tax break.

Her family didn’t mind us not having a big ceremony, but I have a Catholic aunt who was pissed when she found out I got married and didn’t drop $10k on a huge wedding.

There is some validity in wanting to share your day with others and I certainly was glad to be able to view some weddings. I think being an extra date at a wedding, of someone you don’t know, is one of life’s most boring experiences ever though

I neglected to invite Eris to my wedding.

Needless to say, it didn’t end well.

I had what I thought was a very good friend snub me at his wedding. I was good enough for the bachelor party but deemed unsuitable for the wedding party. He grew up to be a lawyer.

A co-worker that invited everyone to her wedding except me. My wedding reception rocked. She had a stick up her ass, so hers was probably elegant vs. fun.

I invited the uncle and cousin. The sister got the air.