Who do think is drop dead, I gotta have 'em gorgeous?

same sex - Taye Diggs.
opposite sex - Kate Beckinsale, Sara Evans, Rachel McAdams, Alexis Bledel… (I’m sensing a pattern here)

OOOOOO! I give you Diana Rigg.

Quack Quack Quack QUACK! :wink:

devilsknew, huge nod for Jennifer Connelly. Holy Dualy, what a face.
And I apologize, but the Audrey Hepburns, Aishwarya Rais, and Beckinsales just don’t do it for me, a nearly perfectly featured face detatches me. I need an out of whack Scarlett or Portman, the imperfections are what I fall for. Real word faces. One I might be able to declare ownership to one day.

The guys I’d like to look/be like would probably be the James Bond types (most of them, not all).

For women, Barbara Feldon still does it for me. I saw an interview of her recently, and she’s STILL beautiful, witty, and smart (as I knew she would be).

I’m always surprised in this threads when nobody else has my same answer. Because it’s so obviously true that I’m right. The best looking man who ever lived (and, maybe, who ever will live) is Paul Newman circa The Long, Hot Summer. Scroll down a bit and tell me it isn’t true. Newman was good-looking before that movie, of course, and he stayed damned good-looking for a century or two after it, but right then – at that moment in time – Paul Newman was the Platonic ideal of manhood.

I have a shamefully hopeless crush on Jenna Fischer. Not a classic beauty, but girl-next-door sexy, and under those frumpy clothes they put her in for the TV show is a killer bod.

I have said this before on the SDMB, but I repeat: my massive same-sex crush is Björk. I think she is just gorgeous.

The three men I wouldn’t kick out of bed are (in reverse order) Viggo Mortenson, Freddie Ljungberg, and Ola Rapace. Ola is my #1 choice, but oddly he doesn’t have any really sexy pics on the internet. Now you know the real reason I bought a ergion-free DVD player.

I hate them damn ergions! Always messin with my stuff…

Boys:
James Marsters
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Justin Bartha (the Goofy Sidekick from National Treasure)

Girls:
Keira Knightley (I swear, no one should be allowed to be that…beautiful.)
Angelina Jolie
Diane Kruge

Can I get a shout out for Ann-Margaret?

The men of my desktop:
Cillian Murphy
Adrien Brody
Brodie Croyle
Sean Bean

Women who inspire me:
Greta Garbo
Elizabeth Taylor
Gene Tierney

Heh…missed that typo. It rather sounds like a Scientology-based DVD player, now that you mention it. Only plays movies with John Travolta, Tom Cruise, etc? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

Almost anyone on Criminal Minds except Mandy Patemkin (though I loved him thirty years ago as Che in “Evita”). Especially Matthew Gray Gruber. And Hugh Laurie of “House.”

In that case I’ll put in a vote for Kate Beckinsale. :slight_smile: Lacey Chabert, Keira Knightley, and Lindsay Lohan circa Mean Girls (red-haired and curvy) are some of my other favorites.

As for the same sex, I think Dylan McDermott is a good looking guy. Also… Tom Cruise. :smiley:

Same sex: Catherine Zeta-Jones. I also have crushes on the women of Big Love (HBO series) right now.

Men: Johnny Depp, Skeet Ulrich, Shemar Moore, and Denzel Washington make me swoon. My husband thinks I’m crazy because I also think Snoop Dogg, Tommy Lee, and Dennis Rodman are smokin’ hot. So I like bad boys. :o

That’s an excellent choice Jess. So good, in fact, that I’m willing to forgive your omission of the only man on earth who was even better: Gregory Peck.

Damn.

** Amanda Tapping** from Stargate SG1 gets my vote!

Male:
Gerard Butler.
Clive Owen.
Sean Bean.
Ralph Fiennes.
Christopher Eccleston.
Harrison Ford.

Female:
Helena Bonham Carter.
Bryce Dallas Howard.
Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
Gillian Anderson.
Emily Browning.

I feel like such a pervert for that last one, though.

Guys:

Wentworth Miller, like, totally wants me. Totally. He’s the main character on Prison Break and I always found myself wondering what, exactly, was so hot about him-- then I found out that he’s half black and half white. No wonder he’s such a beautiful man.

We can’t forget my favorite since I was 14: Senor Ricky Martin (picture taken by me in January). Aside from being TOTALLY heterosexual because he loves to have sex with young, fertile women for procreation and even recreation (he’s that heterosexual, ya know), Ricky also has some of the best facial bone structure that I’ve ever seen. Oh, he also wants me because he digs chicks. Totally.

Chicks:

Mariah Carey has (what I consider to be) the perfect body shape. I don’t care if it’s fake, real, sucked, tucked, lifted, or implanted— it’s hot. Yeah, def. hot.

I’ll also nominate Salma Hayek. . . so hot. What can I say? I have a weakspot for the big boobies. Of course, she also has matching hips and a beautiful face. A very beautiful woman.

Opposite sex: Karen Allen , especially during her Jenny Hayden/Marion Ravenwood days.

Karen Carpenter , pre-anorexia.

And if Drew Barrymore were to develop a lech for me, I wouldn’t mind. :smiley:
Same sex:

I do wish I had the good looks of a (much) younger William Shatner. Or Viggo.