who is the man...?

alright, I already did a lyrics search, and now I am going crazy (not literally…don’t worry). My mom raised me on 70’s music (woo hoo), and I always remember hearing songs from some guy… shaft or shaff maybe? Well, they involved a definite disco sort of feel and a lot of wa wa pedal guitar and some bass. The singer guy kind of leads with his back-up vocals answering his “questions”. I think late 70’s maybe? Please tell me who this is! :slight_smile:

tipi :slight_smile:

Isaac Hayes. The song is the Theme from Shaft. Catchy little ditty, that one. :slight_smile:

Incidentally, the same Isaac Hayes provides the voice for “Chef” on South Park (but then, you knew that…)

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

Yeah, that Issac Hayes is one bad mother…

Yer pal,
Satan

Shut your mouth!

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

I’m talkin’ about Shaft, John Shaft.

Ayesha - Lioness

I’m out of my mind, but,
feel free to leave a message

We can dig it.

The black private dick that’s the sex machine to ALL the chicks…Shaft. Can you dig it?

So you’re answering my questions now before I can even ask them, huh? Are you psychic?

Damn Right!

I lived down the hall from a guy in college who wouldn’t tell anyone his middle name, but always signed his name with the middle initial “S”. It was even “S” in the published press guide for the athletic department (he was a football player and sprinter).

Because of his size and speed nobody gave him much public grief when we found out… evidently his parents were big Isaac Hayes fans.

tipiwoo, you didn’t recognize the Theme from Shaft? Any other old timers just feel their hair turning gray?

I actually felt a little bit of pride when I answered Tipiwoo’s question. I don’t get too many of them right, ya know.

Then I popped my Geritol, & washed it down with a shot of Ensure, and moved on to the next thread.

As further assistance for the OP, I believe that I can state with some certainty that he is the man that would risk his life for his brother man.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

The best cover version was done by Bart and Lisa on The Simpsons.

“Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans”-John Lennon 1980

and no one understands him but his woman.

Hey, this could be the first thread to get a group copyright violation. I’ll contibute a line:

bud-a-dump bud-a-dump bud-a-dump dum