Who popped your Kindle's cherry?

My Kindle (henceforth known as Konrad the Kindle) was broken in nice and slow-like by The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Clever fellow, that one…

Who was your first?

Doesn’t that wreck it or are they adding features I haven’t heard of?

I downloaded Iron Sunrise, sequel to Singularity Sky.

The Daring Book for Girls. My niece ordered it as soon as she got her hands on my Kindle.

OK, do you mean “What was the first book you read on your Kindle?” Or “What was the first Amazon book you downloaded to your Kindle?” Or “What was the first Amazon book you actually paid money for?”

I don’t even know what I first put on my Kindle.

The first books I downloaded were three free books by Charlie Huston, and a book called “Free Range Chickens” by Simon Rich. I certainly wouldn’t have bought them, but hey, free is free.

The first book I actually paid for from Amazon was Bad Astronomy by Phil Plait. Awesome. At the same time I bought Death by Black Hole by Neil deGrasse Tyson and Parallel Worlds by Michio Kaku.

The first novels I bought, a couple weeks later, were Hurricane Punch by Tim Dorsey and Meg: Primal Waters by Steve Alten. That was when I learned about the evils of Amazon’s Topaz format…

My first Kindle book order was Predictably Irrational, by Dan Ariely. Simply because that was the first book that sounded interesting to me after I got my Kindle.

I don’t have a Kindle, but I use the Kindle app for my iPod. The first book I read was Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes! No kidding. That was the first thing I went looking for. Couldn’t believe the price!

Jane Austen’s “Sense and Sensibility,” as is good and proper.

My Kindle, named L-Space, was first violated by The Strain. Del Torro and Hustons Bram Stoker meets CSI thriller. Since then I’ve had the collected works of HP Lovecraft, almost all the Pratchett that is available, and a few others. Still getting used to the formatting. Footnotes (esp in Pratchett’s books) seem to be different for each book. Also, North of the D.M.Z. had many photos in it, which didn’t translate well to the kindle.

First book I paid for was probably That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo. First anything I paid for was the New Yorker.

First full “book” I downloaded was something by Shaw off of Project Gutenberg