What was the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon?

Inspired by this thread.

I went back and checked. It was The Avengers Emma Peel Mega-Set on DVD. How about you?

Back in January 2000, it was a book for work:

Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless, Customer Loyalty Is Priceless : How to Make Customers Love You, Keep Them Coming Back and Tell Everyone They Know

October 2001: 3-volume set of Richard Feynman’s Lectures on Physics, for my husband’s birthday.

A Conair folding ceramic hair dryer. Red, to match my decor.
I was late to the Amazon game…my earliest order was 2007!

An extremely unmemorable book called The Bookman’s Wake by John Dunning. All I remember about it is that it was disappointing. Bought in March, 1998. (WTF was I doing buying books on Amazon when I was a broke college student?!)

Shamanic Princess DVD set. I haven’t bought a lot online, so it’s kinda easy to remember what I have gotten that way.

Hmmm…seems it was one order with Christmas shopping for various folks in November 1998.

The Lion King DVD for my little cousin a year or so ago. It never came.

Apple: The Inside Story of Intrigue, Egomania, and Business Blunders, in 1997. Steady customer ever since (and an employee for several years).

On January 3, 1997, I ordered The Comic Book Heroes: The First History of Modern Comic Books - From the Silver Age to the Present. I’m no longer a comic geek, but I still have the book and remember it being a fun read.

I looked through the other years and, surprisingly to me, I’ve ordered only about 10 items from Amazon since then. I would have suspected the number was three or four times that.

Hmm. Appears I’ve been shopping online for quite a while.

The Gutenberg bible in 1462.

Seriously though. March 2001, VBScript Unleashed.

Then in June, Half Life: Blueshift, They Call Me Trinity, and Trinity is Still My Name.

Three Babylon 5 books ordered in October 1999: Deadly Relations : Bester Ascendant; Final Reckoning : The Fate of Bester; and Dark Genesis : The Birth of the Psi Corps. I barely remember reading them.

The Straight Dope Tells All. April of 1998. Yes, really.

In March of 2000, a recording (on 2 CDs) of Mendelssohn’s Elijah, sung in English.

Dave Barry’s Greatest Hits in March 1998. I believe i had a $5 certificate for new customers, and I wanted to try out this new-fangled “internet shopping” thing.

December 1997
1 of: The Straight Dope : A Compendium of Human Knowledge

(Actually, the second order, but within a few days of the first.)

Papazian’s Complete Joy of Homebrewing
and
Sartre’s Being and Nothingness

I guess this was in my drunk philosopher phase…

March 21, 2001: How to Good-bye Depression: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday. Malarkey? or Effective Way? (Paperback)

Strangely, I’ve felt just fine ever since.

December 19, 1998: A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin and Blind Voices by Tom Reamy

Order Date: February 5, 1997
* 1 of: Unbuilding
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
* 1 of: Tube : The Invention of Television
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Still have them both, and love Unbuilding dearly