Who should be the next host of "Jeopardy!"?

Eugene Levy. Has to be.

Watch them foist professional sad sack Ben Stein on us. He had some sort of Jeopardyesque game show for a while.

But he wasn’t the host, that was Jimmy Kimmel. Kimmel did a passable job, but i don’t think it would be his preferred gig.

Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson.

:crazy_face:

I’m not a Will Ferrell fan at all and I’d support it. It would give him a regular income and take up his time, so it would get/keep him out of the movie business as well as late night TV.

It would be like offering him a good job with a corner office with a door that locks from the outside. (The door unlocks and lets him out after all of the other employees are gone for the day.)

Bill Kurtis , love his voice.

Somebody in their 30’s or 40’s and unknown. The show will make them a star.

Or Andy Kaufman could come out of retirement/death for it. That’d be good too.

Unlikely, since he’s only two months younger than Alex.

Of course, Jeopardy! announcer Johnny Gilbert is 95! So maybe they’d take a chance on Bill. :grinning:

Born 13 July 1924, so he’s now 96. Holy crap! I did not know that! :open_mouth:

Didn’t know that either!

Thanks for that update. I should have checked.

I suspect that Gilbert is now taping his intros from his home studio again, as he did for a while a few years ago, I think because of health issues. But he came back, and before Covid he was in the studio for every show, usually visible wearing a bright red Jeopardy! jacket on the left of the screen in the wide opening shots.

Gilbert has been in show business for nearly 80 years (!) and has been on national TV since 1958.

In a few months, he will surpass Don Pardo’s record as the oldest working television personality with a regular role. Pardo, the announcer for SNL and countless other shows, was at NBC for 70 years, and died in 2014 at 96 and six months.

Bill Kurtis is old too, although I do like his voice.

Aside: I liked how a female announcer at the NPR quiz show, Wait, Wait… Don’t Tell Me introduced him once as:

“And, with a voice that can make a woman pregnant, here is Bill Kurtis!”

Maybe Trebek’s mustache can be enticed to come out of retirement. Does it have an agent?

All very good points. Better to give it to someone who has nothing to lose.

Anybody have Geraldo’s number?

The short-lived quiz show 500 Questions was hosted by two TV journalists—Richard Quest from CNN in the first season, and ABC’s Dan Harris in the second season. I was a little surprised at that, but nobody seemed to have a problem with it.

I think Cooper would be great, but I doubt that he’d be interested.

Supposedly in 2014, Anderson Cooper talked to the producers about replacing Trebek.

Yeah, because Trebek just knew all that stuff, and never had pre-show briefings.

He actually said in an interview that he probably knew 80% of the information going into a briefing. That’s pretty good. They’ll have a hard time finding someone 40-ish who can match that.

Interview question #1: How do you pronounce “genre?”