Who should be the next host of "Jeopardy!"?

Alec Baldwin would be my choice for permanent host. Great voice, cerebral, intelligent, good sense of humor. It would be a great gig for someone who has already cut back dramatically on his acting and has small children to raise.

I’m going to blame autocorrect for misspelling Drew Carey’s name in my previous post. Sorry, Drew.

I wonder if Martin Freeman (“Dr Watson,” b. 1971) would be interested and available?

That’s what my wife and I thought too. He did an OK job, but I felt like I would have preferred a lower voice. I’m looking forward to Katie Couric’s turn at the podium.

Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packer QB) is apparently going to be a guest host.
< rumor mill> That obviously means he is retiring after this year to become the permanent host</rumor mill> :wink:

Brian

A link to an article on SI about this; Rodgers (who won a round of Celebrity Jeopardy! in 2015) is pretty excited about it. He said that the episode which he hosted has already been taped, and should be airing “pretty soon.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/12/aaron-rodgers-jeopardy-guest-host-appearance

After Monday and Tuesday’s episodes we think KJ is excellent. Runs a tight ship (reminds us of the old 60’s GE College Bowl), doesn’t slow things down hamming it up, and although his voice is a little tinny, his tone isn’t one of talking to children.

There’s something about KJ’s hosting that I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s like he’s a good 70s game show host. it’s subtle, and I can’t describe it, so maybe i should shut up…

Maybe the way he tells the right answer. mayber too…cheery? Maybe he’s reminding me of when I was on High Quiz Bowl.

The answer to the thread question is “George Stephanopoulos,” judging from how many times in the last week or two I sat down to watch Jeopardy and saw him on the screen.

While vital news is vital news, (1) talking heads repetitively digesting vital news isn’t, and (2) the television networks each have more than one channel thanks to digital. One time during the last two weeks, the local station aired Jeopardy on 7.2 while breaking news was on 7.1 so it IS do-able.

It seemed to me, too, that Ken Jennings has done a lot of rehearsing. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

I’ll speculate that one reason for the announcement some months ago that Ken had been hired as a consulting producer, and for his “transition” hosting now, is that the Jeopardy! bigwigs wanted something they didn’t have during the Trebek years: a substitute host.

In other words, if LeVar Burton (or whoever it is) has to unexpectedly be away during a number of days in which shows were scheduled to have been produced, instead of rescheduling those production days, the producers could just ask Ken to do the tapings for those days. And some months later, viewers would see Ken in for LeVar (or whoever) for a week or so.

In one of his prologues Ken mentioned talking to Alex about him hosting Jeopardy. Clearly the producers had been preparing for Ken to step in prior to Alex’s death.

He looks like a weasel

Maybe a sports broadcaster would be interested. A lot of them have been laid off recently and it is a game after all.

Ken is doing just fine and my wife and I didn’t want to like him. He seems genuinely happy to host and in retrospect perhaps Alex seemed a bit burned out even before his diagnosis.

He certainly looks less nervous than the first few episodes.

No, he just has a face for radio.

Jeopardy! has announced four more guest hosts this season:

Dr. Mehmet Oz
Anderson Coooer
Savannah Guthrie
Dr. Sanjay Gupta

One of these things is not like the others.
One of these things just doesn’t belong.

Jeopardy!, the leading popular avatar for facts, science, and reason, should not be giving any more oxygen to one of the country’s leading purveyors of pseudo-science.

If there’s not already a petition to have Dr. Oz dropped, there should be.

I agree with you completely. Dr. Oz is a buffoon with zero credibility. Was Dr. Phil not available? Jeopardy should not be polluted with quacks!!!

Dr. Oz? Really? I hear Marjorie Taylor Greene may be looking for a new job soon.

I was thinking more like Howdy Doody.

I’d like to see Aisha Tyler try it.
My nominee is Andy Richter. He was the best celebrity Jeopardy! player ever. Player doesn’t always translate into host, but the guy has everything.
I don’t know if his episode(s) are on YouTube, but take a look. He ruled.