Who should direct "The Donald Trump Story"?

A lot of good suggestions. I was thinking James Cameron since he has experience with The Titanic.

Ken Burns, and I’m sure he’d skillfully and devastatingly nail him to the (documentary) wall.

So I couldn’t remember where I’d heard that name before (of course! Ragnarok - silly me), but that guy’s upcoming schedule is insane:

• Set to write and direct Thor: Love and Thunder (feature film).
  • Set to co-write and direct Next Goal Wins (feature film).
  • Set to write, direct, exec produce TWO series for Netflix based on Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.*
  • Set to co-write and direct one of the upcoming live-action Star Wars movies (feature film).
  • Set to produce and direct two pilots - one for HBO Max and one for Showtime.**

And has an order for a season of a new series, Reservation Dogs. He is co-writer and exec producer.

If we could figure out how to bottle his energy, we could halt almost all carbon emissions overnight!

* One based on the novel and one about the Oompa-Loompas.
** Our Flag Means Death and The Auteur respectively.

Armando Iannucci, the guy who did “The Death of Stalin.”

On topic now, how about Johan Renck who directed Chernobyl on HBO? I do think it would have to be a mini-series, not a single film.

Right idea; wrong guy IMO.

Tommy Wiseau should get that honor distinction (along with writing the screenplay) because the final product would be perfect.

Some good suggestions. I’ll just add Mike Judge.

Another vote for Mel Brooks.

Since it’s a movie about a crime family it’s got to be Scorsese or Coppola.

Someone with enough money to be sued.

Agreed. Now that that’s settled, let’s cast it.
Alec Baldwin as The Trump?

I think the guy who played Jabba the Hut as trump.

I think Ken Burns is the best answer. But the most interesting movie would be to let Donald Trump direct himself for a portion of this “greatest ever” movie. Then show the contrast.

Baldwin is very good at contorting his mouth into that distinctive Trumpian “camel’s asshole” look, so I vote for him just for that reason alone! :smiley:

He has already been casted for the role of Boris Johnson. I would favour the actor who did the Hulk for tanTrump, older and fatter, so we would get the Trulk.

I think the question of who could play Trump is the more interesting one. I don’t believe any actor, no matter how talented, could really convey the mutilfaceted lunacy of Trump as well as Trump himself does. Any direct portrayal of him would seem either a pale imitation or an unbelievable circus act. I think Trump should be portrayed in an artsy, nontraditional way, maybe by a puppet, or a 5 year old boy, or have him always offscreen, like Archie Bunker’s toilet.*

*turlet

Iannucci only does ‘legitimate’ satire, i.e. In The Cut and VEEP. None of the characters in those productions is as stupidly inept as Trump or Guiliani.

I was thinking this was really in Tina Fey‘s wheelhouse, and she’d be able to recruit several SNL alumni to portray various roles, but the more I thought about it this seems like a good followup for the directors of The Interview, Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen.

Stranger

Wes Craven

Let’s just pray it won’t be Sam Peckinpaw…

I think Gary Oldman could pull it off. He can play anything and everyone. All you need is a bird’s nest as a wig, a fat suit and orange make up.