Who's been "Everywhere"? How many places mentioned in the song have you been to?

Who has been to the most places mentioned in the American version of Geoff Mack’s song, “I’ve Been Everywhere”.

I only got two: Pasadena and Colorado.

Places mentioned in the first verse: Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla.

Second verse: Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devils Lake and Crater Lake.

Third verse: Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa-Rica, Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentine, Diamantina, Pasadena and Catalina.

Fourth verse: Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, El Dorado, Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City.

So that makes 33, if I’m counting right. I used to do a lot of cross country driving.

Reno, Chicago, Toronto, Sarasota, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Baltimore, Amarillo,
Boston, Washington, Houston, Monterey,Little Rock, Crater Lake.
Jacksonville, Springfield, Bakersfield (woo hoo!), Pasadena and Catalina.
Pittsburgh, Colorado.

22, I do believe.

Bakersfield represent! :wink:

Buffalo, Toronto, Ottawa (ON), Mattawa, Bangor, Washington (DC and state of), Houston (TX and BC), Kingston (ON),. Black Rock (Ireland), Schefferville, Pittsburgh, Gravelbourg (SK), Waterloo (ON) - so nominally 14 (16 if you count the duplicates).

Reno, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Ottawa (if you count the one in Illinois?), Tampa, Baltimore, Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington (state, or DC? I’m claiming DC), Monterey, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Nashville, Springfield, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Pasadena, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City

27 if I get Ottawa in Illinois.

Me (in bold):

Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla.

Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devils Lake and Crater Lake.

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa-Rica, Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentine, Diamantina, Pasadena and Catalina.

Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, El Dorado, Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City.

. . . so on preview, that makes nineteen on my count. Of course, half of those are ‘double counts’, because I went to boot camp in Shreveport, Louisiana, and some of 'em might be cities and/or states.

Tripler
Oh, and Hackensack does exist. It was near my hometown.

Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Amarillo, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Monterey, Santa Fe, Glen Rock, Spirit Lake, and Crater Lake, Nashville, Knoxville, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Cadillac, Idaho, Pasadena and Catalina. Pittsburgh, Colorado, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Nebraska, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City.

I’m surprised. I didn’t think it was that many, since I’ve never considered myself well travelled. Two-day business trips do count, right?

1. Not bad. I’ve never even heard of a lot of those.

Reno, Chicago, Minnesota, Toronto, Sarasota, Tampa, Baltimore, Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Monterey, Tennessee, Chicopee, Crater Lake, Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Springfield, Bakersfield, Hackensack, Idaho, Jellico, Argentine, Pasadena and Catalina, Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City.

37?

38:
Reno,Chicago,Minnesota,Buffalo,Winslow,Sarasota,Oklahoma,Tampa,Bangor,
Baltimore,Amarillo,Boston,Charleston,Dayton,Louisiana,Washington,Houston,
Monterey,Santa Fe,Black Rock,Davenport, Idaho, Pasadena, Catalina,Louisville,Nashville,
Jacksonville,Springfield,Bakersfield, Shreveport,Pittsburgh,Colorado,Nebraska,Baraboo,
Kansas City,Sioux City,Cedar City,Dodge City.

*Panama if it counts Panama City, FLA. Washington and Kingston are local communities. Monterey is a little town in Louisiana a short drive from here.

I don’t know if the song is referring to these small locales, so I’m claiming them!

And while technically I’ve been to Chicago and Baltimore, I don’t consider airports as a visit to a city, so I didn’t include them.

So that leaves me at a modest 14.

At 40 out of 81, looks like you have the lead.

Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota (woo hoo), Buffalo (MN), Wichita, Oklahoma, Washington, Fond Du Lac, Idaho, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Chaska, Nebraska, Baraboo, Kansas City, Dodge City.

Only 16 for me.

Only 5, unless Washington DC counts as Washington.
I’ve been to Reno, Monterey, Bakersfield, Pasadena and Catalina.
I’ve haven’t been everywhere…

Reno, Winslow, Baltimore.

Boston, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Monterey, Santa Fe, Tennessee, Crater Lake.

Nashville, Bakersfield, Idaho, Pasadena and Catalina.

Colorado, Alaska, Kansas City.

Total: 19.

If I’m counting right, I’ve been to or through 50 of the 81 listed.

It looks like I’ve been everywhere… as long as it’s not in the West. :slight_smile:

Hmmm… I’ve been to only a few:

first verse: Reno, Chicago, Minnesota, Toronto, Tulsa, Oklahoma,

Second verse: Boston, Louisiana, Washington (state),

Third verse: Bakersfield, Shreveport, Idaho, Pasadena

Fourth verse: Colorado, Rexburg, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Cedar City
So that’s 18.

46?

I have also been to Hoisington, Susanville, and Slapout. I have been to Herlong, Vici and Sphinx Park. I can’t believe he didn’t mention these places.

Reno, Chicago, Minnesota, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Baltimore, Amarillo, Charleston, Louisiana, Washington (I’ll take that to mean DC, in whose vicinity I lived for 10 years), Santa Fe, Little Rock, Tennessee, Nashville, Bakersfield, Davenport, Pasadena, Catalina, Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas City.

1. Or 20, if you don’t count DC. (Never been to the PNW.)