Whose is The Funniest Stand Up Comedian of All Time?

I would have to say Eddie Murphy back in his Delirous and Raw days. He had so much relatable comedy and he made fun of everyone.

Now Carlin is good and he is funny but I think Eddie’s timing, material and delivery are just a bit better.

So who do you think is funniest and who is the runner up?

1. Dennis Wolfberg
  2. Chris Rush
  3. Jackie Vernon

George Carlin, hands down. The guy is nuts, but that’s probably required, or something.

Billy Connolly. Easy.

George Carlin or Jerry Seinfeld.

There is this other guy I saw on Comedy Central once who was REALLY funny. Mitch something was his name. Any one know of any Mitch comics?

Steven Wright, Jon Stewart, Dennis Miller

I think Chris Rock is damn funny.

A young Bill Cosby.

Richard Pryor
Murphy and Rock, are funny, but if you ask them, they will say Pryor.

Bill Cosby and George Carlin.

I second young Bill Cosby. His early stand up material was some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever heard. Who could forget “Noah”, “Chicken Heart”, the one about stealing baby coach wheels to make soapbox racers, and so many more! i also liked his take on Genesis, about Adam & Eve being the first kids with “brain damage”. When they had been asked by God about eating the forbidden fruit, “Why did you do that?”, they answered with the standard kid answer, “I don’t know!”

Bill Cosby was good, as others have mentioned.

Anna Russell is great and Bob Newhart was fantastic. His phone-conversation routine is wonderful.

Fenris

Tsk, tsk. Sam Kinison most certainly deserves mention here. Carlin used to be incredibly funny, but his more recent routines don’t even approach the old stuff. Kinison was a lot more consistent in his material, although he did have a much shorter career than Carlin has enjoyed.

For my money, Bill Cosby and Alan King. Both specialized in story-telling observational comedy you could relate to. I also like Steven Wright for his weird Gary Larsonesque deadpan. One night at “Catch a Rising Star” he came out, unannounced, and did the whole show right in front of me.

1.Robin Williams in his prime.
2. Eddie Izzard.

Another here for Eddie Izzard. Funniest guy I’ve ever seen. George Carlin is good too, he has a certain sarcastic, cynical humor about him that is very appealing to me. I think Sam Kinnison is just stupid, as is Jerry Seinfeld.

Who is Eddie Izzard? Never heard of him. I don’t think anyway.

Mitch Hedberg, probably, who is indeed a very funny man.

I’d go with:

Steve Martin in his standup days – I’ve only heard the records, but holy spit, he’s funny.

Eddie Izzard – Dress to Kill holds up to repeated viewings better than anything since Steve Martin’s albums.

I’ve just started listening to Richard Pryor’s comedy albums, and he really was as funny as everyone says. Amazing.

And Paula Poundstone’s standup always cracked me up, but I haven’t heard her do standup for a long time. Definitely not so much recently.

Bill Hicks.

Or Lenny Bruce. Both had this sort of brutal honesty, didn’t give a shit about offending anyone, and were dead funny.