Why aren't mods responding to insult report?

You notice that I at least didn’t use WTF in my thread title.

I use it now.

In a code_grey thread a moderator, apparently not acting as a moderator, wrote:

WTF? How is that different from my suggesting that code_grey take a course in economics to help him with his questions?

And if mods can issue insults identical to mine, then why haven’t anybody gone back to the original thread and issued any comments or even warnings? There’s been plenty of time.

WTF?

This appears to be exactly accurate.

He starts with a detailed question based on assumptions that have been made and asks a question at that level and then gets annoyed when people with experience in the area explain why the assumptions are incorrect.

As you say, later it comes out that his real question was not what was posed in the OP.

Sorry about the confusion, Exapno. In the first paragraph of my post, I was addressing him as a member. In the second paragraph (which I should have split into a second post), I was suggesting a behavioral change, which would have been more appropriate with my moderator hat on.

And again.

OP question: how often does RFID scanner query for the presence of a particular chip?

Actual question (still far too vague to answer, but as much detail as I’ve been able to discern from his 5 posts (out of 7 total) in the thread): I have a scheme which depends on detecting the removal of any of a working set of several hundred RFID chips. Is this plausible and how much is it likely to cost?

So the question is how do you deal with (or do you deal with at all, I suppose) a poster that refuses to ask questions in a way that will allow an answer?

Flava beans are my Fav-ourite

I don’t see how that OP doesn’t allow an answer. Granted, it was a drilldown process, and it ends up being that cg is looking for much more of a hardware shopping answer than a system design or RFID specification one, but it’s still a GQ-worthy question in the end. All that his poor OP phrasing will lead to is a bunch of people who might know just skipping the thread. That’s hardly a pillorying offense.

Although I agree with the general thrust of this thread - dude needs to throttle it back some.
ETA: Although, in his defense, he also participates in other people’s inane threads too, so it’s a wash.

ETA MkII: Not that I’m saying that other thread wasn’t GQ-worthy at all, it just seems like such a pub conversation :slight_smile:

Either answer the specific question he asks, ask him questions to draw out the info that allows you to answer, or realize his questions frustrate you and ignore them.