Why can I quote some parts of a post but not others on iPhone?

I sometimes use my iPhone to reply to posts. Sometimes the parts of a post that I’m trying to quote will come up and I can reply, and in other cases they don’t. It seems to be random. In the thread on college football, for example, there’s a post where I tried to quote four other posts, but was only able to quote three. What happens is that when I highlight the text I’m trying to reply to, and press on the quote box, it just disappears rather than pulling up a reply with the relevant part of the post quoted. What could be causing this problem?

That happens to me all the time. I keep trying and eventually it works. Sometimes I have to do it a half a dozen times. I don’t know why it happens, it seems random.

This is only an issue on mobile. In the browser on my computer it works perfectly the first time I click the “quote” button with my mouse.

Has happened to me. I think it has to do with sensitivity of the screen. When I hit “quote” the screen thinks I’m un-highlighting.

When it’s happened I highlight the quote from the end to the beginning and then hit “quote” and it works.

Moved to Site Feedback (from ATMB).

This happens to me all the time, I end up having to quote the entire post or just abandon the reply.

Hmm. The above just worked for me, but not if I took the quote to the end of the sentence.

I suspect the problem may be to do with where the grey quote box is drawn. Maybe if it is too close to the screen edge it gets the touch wrong.

It has been annoying me for the last week odd. Makes me wonder if a software update has something to do with triggering it. Either forum or iOS.

I’ve thought this as well, but it doesn’t always happen.

I agree. I’m also suddenly seeing problems with the top right corner when viewing the site on my iPhone (where the house, search glass, etc lives)