Why close pizzabrat's prurient and tasteless thread?

It’s a big deal for me. It’s not a huge deal to joke around with people at work or among friends or whatever. But blindly approaching a babe half my age and several orders of magnitude out of my league? Just walking up and saying “Hi, I’d like to talk to you”? That takes the kind of sack that I just don’t posess. That’s huge for me. And to have her be happy to talk for me? That’s just plain astonishing. I’m totally proud of myself.

Not everyone agrees with you; Cajun Man received quite a few complaints and it was on the basis of those complaints that he originally closed the thread.

I guess there’s something here on the board to offend most anyone. :slight_smile:

Especially people who haven’t managed to get laid outside their home country :smiley:

I’m surprised. Not that people were offended, because yeah, there are people who are going to be offended by practically any TMI thread, but–what happened to, “If the thread title offends you, don’t open the thread”?

I’m surprised that suddenly we got very Nice.
We didn’t used to be Nice.

Well, it was actually about people from different countries, which is where the kiss & tell comes in, but even then…

Umm, Duck? It is a “post who you’ve had sex with”, generally speaking. As in "what’s the nationality of your sexual partners? " Not what countries have you had sex in?

Cite

After posting: I see pizzabrat beat me to it. Never mind.

I’ve taken a shit and gotten laid (not at the same time, but probably on the same day) in Louisiana , that’s Cajun Country. So I shat in Cajun Man’s general vicinity (if he is actually in Cajun Country currently).

People complained? Christ, what a bunch of prudish douches. If I had more time I might start a pit thread about those morons who won’t simply not read the goddamn thread, but feel the need to try to prevent others from reading and participating in it.

If you’re reading this, complainers, go to fucking hell. There’s plenty of threads I find gross/TMI but I simply don’t open them. Learn that simple trick, you fucking ignorant, entitled douchenozzles.

…and while you’re doing that fucking, post which countries you are in!

I am astonished that anyone would find that thread to be so objectionable. In 30 seconds, I could find a thread that is more graphic and tasteless.

In any case, since when is closing a thread the answer to complaints? And what’s with the “don’t do this again” warning? I think a little more explanation is in order here.

I fail to see how posting an unverifiable list of the nationalities of one’s sexual partners on a mostly-anonymous message board qualifies as “kissing and telling.”

So now we close threads because people are offended? I demand you close any thread started by …well anybody who offends me.

The warning is what had me soo puzzled as well. I couldn’t see anything wrong with the thread either, but the warning at the end to not do this again had me extremely puzzled. far me it for me to question TPTB, but sheesh, come on now. Next thing you know, they’ll outlaw tag or something…oh wait…

What if you offend yourself?

When did Marge Simpson become a Doper?

What offends me is the fact that we are closing threads because people are offended. The fuck?

In all seriousness, I still don’t get what the thread was closed for. Tuba says some people were offended. As has already been mentioned, since when has the SDMB closed a thread because a few people were offended? Hello, “Pan Fried Semen”? Anybody listening here?

And second, WTF did anyone get offended at? Seriously, I don’t understand. Listing countries where you’ve been laid is offensive … how?

…how many foreigners you’ve bedded.

It’s sex! We can’t mention sex out here in the open, where KIDS might read about it! SEX! IT’S OF THE DEVIL!!!

** WHO WILL THINK OF…** ah, you know.

Geez, all these complaints about a closed thread.

What? It’s been reopened already?

Well, then.