Why didn't these posts in the Pit warrant any mod notice at all?

Colibri’s one word post seemed to be calling into question my motive for posting this thread; I was refuting that my purpose here had anything at all to do with the fact that the insults were directed at me.

In fact, I never made any mention about who the posts were directed at; Crazyhorse and Colibri divulged that information (posts #2 and #5, respectively). In fact, until right now, I haven’t confirmed that, yes, they were directed at me (they were). As I said, who they were directed at is immaterial. I report posts when they seem to be breaking the rules, as we are advised to do.

The reason I talked about being insulted in ATMB was because it was an example that I was able to readily remember of an instance when a Mod appeared to break a rule but was not admonished for it, as even a perfunctory reading of the OP shows:

Why was it even necessary for me to bring that up? Because it leads to the very next sentence, where I state my intentions regarding this thread:

Wow. You’re still doing your stupid catch phrase?

Snowboarder Bo, you’ve made it abundantly clear you don’t care that others are annoyed by your catchphrase. Given that, I have a hard time getting worked up about you getting called out for it, especially as the mods have explained that what was posted wasn’t against the rules.

Maybe nobody wants to go to bat for you on this issue because you’re wrong, and the catchphrase you’re defending is annoying? It’s worth asking yourself.

“Hey, I’m acting like a jackass and people are calling me a jackass! How are they allowed to do this?”

One of the great mysteries of the Universe.

Figures, I haven’t gotten as much as a kiss.

In a Pit thread titled Fuck Cacti, there’s a fair chance someone will be told to go fuck a cactus. If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the desert.
This may be the stupidest thread ever.

(Sigh) Fuck you Ed. You cunt.

Now it’s the stupidest thread ever. Five words.

You know Bo you might want to consider this. You staunchly defended your right to continue using your catch-phrase even though your over-detailed reasoning was irrelevant. It is annoying as hell and it pisses people off. Soldier on if you will but it looks like you’re paying the piper. Sorry, I can’t get behind the OP either.

Remember, the board is not a democracy.

Nah, the quarry thing is far more stupid, you should have gone with that.

I agree though. I’d be embarrassed on behalf of my ancestors had I started this thread, its pretty retarded.

I have previously PMed Gfactor about the rule and he specifically told me “Screw you” and “Eff you” were permitted, along with other bowdlerized versions of the phrase.

No shit. And the OP got off easy. Colibri shouldn’t have told him to go fuck a cactus, he should have banned him.

Simple. When we sign up, they send a team to our house, strip search us, take away all of our guns and sharp pointed instruments. I don’t even have scissors left in the place. That, and the duct tape holding my hands to the keyboard insure I can’t even make a fist. It’s discouraging, I tells ya.

Trapped in front of a keyboard but unable to make a fist?

It’s just like that Twilight Zone with Burgess Meredith…

Remember last week when I was full of love and admiration for you?

Still am.

Me too. It’s disturbing.

In my head, it sounds little more like Stewie Griffin:

“Lois! Lois! The bad man told me to fornicate myself with a member of the family Cactaceae. I demand to know what you intend to do about it!”

Stewie, mommy is a little busy moderating all the July2012 trolls and all the damned gun related threads people keep trying to hijack and insult each other in. Why don’t you throw yourself down the quarry until your father gets home.

This is a truly great post.

I know I’ve butted heads with the mods on occasion and have often inadvertently done things to give them headaches, but damn I always feel for them when I see posts like the OP.

The pit is supposed to be a free-for-all and if you can’t take insults in the Pit then you shouldn’t be there.

My method is a glass of single-malt scotch that I always keep full.

Mine was a bottle of Tullamore Dew and a Crazy Straw.