Why didn't these posts in the Pit warrant any mod notice at all?

Where’s the **Like **button, damnit?

Under the current rules, it’s apparently okay to tell someone to go fuck a cactus. It is not okay to call someone a motherfucker, although variants are not specifically prohibited.

• Is it okay to call someone a cactus fucker?
  • What if the cactus is their mother?
  • Why is motherfucker prohibited but father raper is not? The mods must condone father raping. I am not a father, but on behalf of fathers everywhere, I am insulted.

While many members are a little prickly, to the best of my knowledge none of them are actually cacti.

Q.E.D.

But do they make you fuck a cactus?

Yeah, Bo. Sounds like you’ve “sown the wind and are reaping the whirlwind” (Old Testament for “gettin’ what you been askin’ for”)

If you truly want this place to be more civilized, stop using that catchphrase.

Ah, I see. You’re saying that I am responsible for the incivility of others. Sorry, no. The situation is unchanged from last winter: I’m doing nothing wrong.

As for those who think I started this thread because the insults were directed at me: you’re wrong, and have nothing to back up your assertions. Many people also seem to be remarkably thin-skinned for something as innocuous as “Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there” to get so far underneath their epidermis.

I appreciate the info from the Mods here, tho, and look forward to them explaining their perspective regarding the questions I asked in post#33 and in post #36.

Oh my God. Dude. Be for real.

And seriously, your catchphrase is not “innocuous,” it is fucking annoying. It is functionally equivalent to your little brother holding his finger .00000001 millimeters away from you and saying, “I’m not touching you!” “I’m not touching you!” and then you complain to your parents and he says “WHAT! I’m not touching her! I’m not doing anything wrong!” And then you tell him to go fuck a cactus.

Maybe because most people would take a hint that it’s incredibly annoying and not funny, which you haven’t done? It was suggested you use it as your signature instead. But that wasn’t good enough. Well, you annoy enough people, they tell you to piss off, and you whine about it.
You don’t seem to understand the difference between “annoyed” and “thin-skinned”.

It’s more of a “Oh, not again, Jesus, is he ever going to shut the fuck up with that thing?” rather than, “SHUT UP, BO, YOU SUCK I HATE YOU FOR THAT DIE DIE DIE!!!”

Children latch onto the strangest things.

My god, man. If this thread isn’t about the insults it means that your entire purpose for starting this is to argue for stricter language rules in the pit. Is that really what you want?

I can only speak for myself, but ideally I’d like free reign to say what I want, while others are shackled by an esoteric and amorphous set of individually applied arbitrary rules whose stringency and potential consequence are indirectly proportional to how much I like each poster personally from moment to moment.

I hate to just post what has already been said, and said better than I can say, but goddamn, enforcing these retarded pit rules has got to be more trouble than it’s worth. Especially since the goal, a half-neutered BBQ Pit, is a shitty goal to begin with.

So the question is, if you know it’s irritating to people, yet you continue to do it, aren’t you flagrantly violating the “don’t be a jerk” rule? I mean, if you want to push the rule lawyering about the cacti in flagrante delicto, wouldn’t it also be just as valid for others to push the lawyering of the jerking too?

Did I just say “free reign”? Dammit. Rein.

ETA: and I’d also like to be the only one allowed to edit his posts at all times.

I second the motion to have Vinyl Turnip be allowed to edit Snowboarder Bo’s posts at all times.

Or maybe I read that wrong.

Seems like a fair compromise.

You are responsible for the your own incivility.

Okay, either you’re as autistic as some of my students (they have absolutely no ability to draw cause-and-effect between their actions and consequences). Or you’ve crossed the line into asshole territory.

You can not honestly be saying “I want to be a jerk to everyone else, and then call them on ‘incivility’.”

Become a Mod.

Yes, he can. And he is. He’s having trouble distinguishing between “posting my catch phrase isn’t breaking any rules” vs “posting my catch phrase just to piss people off isn’t breaking any rules”

All in favor say aye.

Aye!

I’m sure everyone’s eager to reenact the Stanford prison experiment…